June Build of the Month Bundle: Node Stone Unturned

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

June Build of the Month Bundle: Node Stone Unturned

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:30 pm

I just want to say to DF that I love what you are doing with the Builds of the Month.

I love that they are made of existing sets to create an encounter.

I love that the items being promoted are in stock.

I love that buyers get a gift card for a future purchase.

The -only- thing I think could better is offering both painted and unpainted, though I realize you might need to adjust that gift card amount due to different margins on the two product types.

Kudos! Please use this approach in the upcoming kickstarters as well. We've had discussions on the forums about it, but this is exactly what people have been requesting: Encounter A is made up of sets A, B, and C. We kind of had it with Caverns Deep but it got kind of confusing with core packs, adventure packs, universal packs, etc.

Keep up the good work!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

Re: June Build of the Month Bundle: Node Stone Unturned

Post by Tyrant » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:05 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:30 pm
I just want to say to DF that I love what you are doing with the Builds of the Month.

I love that they are made of existing sets to create an encounter.

I love that the items being promoted are in stock.

I love that buyers get a gift card for a future purchase.

The -only- thing I think could better is offering both painted and unpainted, though I realize you might need to adjust that gift card amount due to different margins on the two product types.

Kudos! Please use this approach in the upcoming kickstarters as well. We've had discussions on the forums about it, but this is exactly what people have been requesting: Encounter A is made up of sets A, B, and C. We kind of had it with Caverns Deep but it got kind of confusing with core packs, adventure packs, universal packs, etc.

Keep up the good work!
I'm glad they're doing this. I was one of the folks who mentioned it in the past, even more specifically in connection with full buildings. Now I just have to come up with the money to support the idea.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:47 am

This one has got to be about the fewest pieces build also.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:31 am

I did suggest a few things to make this even more effective as a video. Yes, Nate quickly rattles off the parts needed in the video, but a simple list in the text in the area where other information and links are stashed would be useful. Also, the label for the link when I saw it just said for more information, click here on this link. I could have said to buy this, or purchase the combo pack, click here. Nothing they said was wrong, just from where I sat, I thought they could have added a few more words to make it even more of a hook.

Veteran DFs don't need a lot of hooks, but if you are hoping to have folks click thru on links, you need to let them know where you are sending them. Other artists use that space to provide specific links that are clearly identified to their shops to buy the Album or Shirt, or the book or whatever. Market it like you mean it.

Giving the small bundle discount is a nice idea and it almost got me to think about grabbing it, if I hadn't just grabbed a bunch of Anime's recent sale of KS3 stuff.

period3
Ogre
Ogre

Post by period3 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:44 am

The timing isn't great with KS7 about to launch. I hope they keep these build of the months going well after KS7 closes.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 am

Agreed, great job showing off the different builds with the same sets.

Agree that in the description a breakdown of the actual sets used and links to the shop for them so potential customers know that they can buy smaller sets and start their collection that way.

We would like DF to make a short video on what dwarvenite is all about and its advantages, flexible, virtually indestructible, heft, magnets, TTs, paint does not come off, etc. Then link it to all Builds of the Month.
DF have done similar videos, but they should do a dedicated video to sell dwarvenite and the DF 'system' to new backers/buyers. They could reuse existing footage, such as the Dramatic Dwarf forging dwarvenite and Nate smacking the crud out of a piece with his sword.

Been half tempted to get one of these, the same with Construct a Castle, but we have yet to make a build where we have run out of dwarvenite walls.

Impression is that in Wildlands there will be more examples of these 'look at all the alternate builds'.

Love Nates enthusiasm in these videos and, we assume, Selina's graphics. Also love seeing the Rabbit Ranger and Gary Gygax :)
They just got to learn to hold on tight!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:01 am

I have been watching these builds with interest. Was very close to picking up June's but I'm heavy on the stone CSB. Really good way to re-imagine my pieces and remember gaps in my collection.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:55 pm

I agree. Offering the specific build pieces is an excellent idea -- even if I probably won't be able to splurge this time around as I still have so many cavern pieces in particular I want to get first. I also agree that an unpainted version would be great too (even if it had a smaller/no bonus attached to it) but I do understand the issues of inventory and SKUs.

Return to “Feedback on Latest Sets”