BUILD REQUESTS / DEMO SUGGESTIONS

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Wildlands Kickstarter developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

BUILD REQUESTS / DEMO SUGGESTIONS

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:18 am

Q: If I placed a forest escarpment in line with a straight mountain escarpment, with no trifecta in front of the mountain piece ... (say there is a water TT in front of the Mountain Esc so it'll seem a cliff to water ..) could I use one of the small cliff wedge pieces to make that little jog at the end of the forest esc look more natural?

A: I posted a few possible photo answers to your question on twitter. Not sure if I got the question right, but maybe these photos will give you some clarity? https://twitter.com/NateTaylor/status/1 ... 1109?s=20

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: BUILD REQUESTS / DEMO SUGGESTIONS

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Q: One thing i have noticed in several of these builds is the use of Gator foam as an alternate in case you don't have a ton of stilts and terrain trays. How thick is the foam you use that matches your builds so cleanly? Also where would you recommend picking some up? I looked online and because i don't know the dimensions, its is almost like staring at the wall.

A: (Elye) I think Nate most often uses the 1-1/2" thick gator foam. That matches up well to the height of, for example, Erinthor cliffs. For backing up the escarpments, you'd want 2" thick. Not sure where it comes from - somewhere online. It's not particularly inexpensive but it is sturdy and holds up well.

A: (Backer) Use 2" pink insulation. I think you can get 1.5" insulation too but I have never tried.

Return to “Codex Valoria Wildlands”