Census of the European customers

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Census of the European customers

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:13 am

Messages stay in the outbox until the recipient reads them. It is one way to see they have been read. GodofWar comes and goes on the forums as his RL seems pretty busy. I am sure he will answer soon.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

ChrilleT
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChrilleT » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:44 am

GODofwar : Did you receive my PM? Tried sending one but seems it can´t get past "Outbox". Contacted support but with the kickstarter ending they have had their focus on that.

Other Europeans : Have been thinking on going to Spiel Essen, UK Games Expo or other similar big event. Is it usual that they display (or even sell) Dwarven Forge at any of these?

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:38 pm

[/quote]
The rpgscene in Sweden is quite big. Since early 80´s we had a game called Drakar och Demoner (Dragons and Demons in English). It was Sweden´s answer to Dungeons & Dragons and has sold around 50000 rule books in a country around 8-9 million. The company that made it is no longer active and another company called Riotminds now owns the license. Riotminds are now working with CoolMiniOrNot with a boardgame based on their rpg Trudvang (that is kind of a remake of Drakar Och Demoner with a little bit more viking/saga style). Paul Bonner is doing much artwork for Trudvang. The biggest rpgcompany around now in Sweden is Free League that releases games in both Swedish and English. They recently merged with another great Swedish rpgcompany called Järnringen. Together they make 2 fantasyrpgs called Symbaroum and Forbidden Lands. They now are working on an Alien rpg (Based on Alien 1-3 i think) and has another scifigame called Coriolis. I would guess there´s a total of around 10 active companies in Sweden that are releasing physical fantasy rpg books right now.

However if you are talking about miniatures and terrain it´s all Warhammer, Saga and Flames Of War. No new Swedish fantasy games I own has rules for miniatures and such. I am a member on a Swedish rpgforum and there is never talk about terrain or miniatures sadly. Half the players in my group also paints miniatures and play mostly Flames Of War and other miniaturegames so they are very interested in having nice terrain when playing rpgs.

And I don´t think it will be a new Abba record, that would be headlines on all Swedish media for some time if that happened. I´t will probably be music for a musical. Nice to hear you have heard of Karlskrona :)
We have nice coasts, and have some fjords higher up but there are more in Norway. But I might be homeblind.

[/quote]
Wow! I'm impressed. You're right, that's a lot of action for a country with Sweden's population. Sad there is not more mini action.

I'll make a bet - There will be a new ABBA record. See...https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... c-abbatars
...and maybe more important, the two 'Mamma Mia' movies made over a billion dollars US in first release...and both are still doing brisk sales of sound track albums and video versions. $1B is not small change even today. Imagine the excitement if ABBA announced they were writing songs FOR a new movie...

My life an an intel officer included this advice from a superior: "Never theorize about a conspiracy if money, sex or power can explain the facts in front of you." Darn good advice. And money-money-money is happening over this!

No, all the tour guides say Sweden has fewer fjords than Norway...and it isn't hard to look at a map, either! But yours look very interesting.

What do you suppose explains lower interest in minis and mini gaming among Swedish aficionados?

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, and may KS 6.66 go to the Devil.
WeaselWarGod

ChrilleT
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChrilleT » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 am

GODofwar wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 pm
ChrilleT wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Welcome, Chrille. May one ask which portion of Sweden you hale from?

Unfortunately never visited Sweden. Something I hope to remedy in the future.

I am at the moment in a frenzy of non-DwF activity, researching everything possible about the indirect product of some of your most famous folks...ABBA (sorry, can't get the first 'B' backwards)....thanks to a family reunion screening Mamma Mia 1 and 2 back to back...

Totus KS Delenda Sunt, may KS 6.66 go to the devil...

Hello GODofwar!

I´m from a small city called Karlskrona (very close to Southeast corner of Sweden). Karlskrona is mostly known for it´s navalbase and the russian submarine U137 that ran aground here during the cold war. I would guess ABBA and IKEA is the two things most people now about Sweden. If you ever visit or capital city Stockholm I would recommend a visit to the Vasa Museum (warship from 1627) and since your interested in ABBA they also have a ABBA Museum (have not been there myself).

If you are already researching ABBA I don´t think I can learn you much in that subject. While TV and Radio play their music and shows documentaries about them the members keep a pretty low profile. Atleast some of them keeps making music but mostly for other artists and musicals.

And thanks for the welcoming Kitenerd and GODofwar!
I"m very familiar with Karlskrona. MY family is generational US Navy (back to the War of 1812) although I jumped ship and joined the Marines...then the Army, from which I retired.

As for ABBA and IKEA...I much prefer ABBA! Understand they are back at work on a new album...and I"m wondering if its mainly to make material for Mamma Mia 3!

Your country is beautiful. I would especially like to visit your fjords. Fewer than Norway's, but I"m told quite spectacular. Now that I'm retiring my wife and I are going to catch up on travelling.

And yes, welcome to the Boards. Oh, BTW, 'Godofwar' is my official handle, but I always post as either the below, or "TLW" for short.

Don't even ask. You don't want to hear the story.

How large is the RP/DwF community in your area?

The rpgscene in Sweden is quite big. Since early 80´s we had a game called Drakar och Demoner (Dragons and Demons in English). It was Sweden´s answer to Dungeons & Dragons and has sold around 50000 rule books in a country around 8-9 million. The company that made it is no longer active and another company called Riotminds now owns the license. Riotminds are now working with CoolMiniOrNot with a boardgame based on their rpg Trudvang (that is kind of a remake of Drakar Och Demoner with a little bit more viking/saga style). Paul Bonner is doing much artwork for Trudvang. The biggest rpgcompany around now in Sweden is Free League that releases games in both Swedish and English. They recently merged with another great Swedish rpgcompany called Järnringen. Together they make 2 fantasyrpgs called Symbaroum and Forbidden Lands. They now are working on an Alien rpg (Based on Alien 1-3 i think) and has another scifigame called Coriolis. I would guess there´s a total of around 10 active companies in Sweden that are releasing physical fantasy rpg books right now.

However if you are talking about miniatures and terrain it´s all Warhammer, Saga and Flames Of War. No new Swedish fantasy games I own has rules for miniatures and such. I am a member on a Swedish rpgforum and there is never talk about terrain or miniatures sadly. Half the players in my group also paints miniatures and play mostly Flames Of War and other miniaturegames so they are very interested in having nice terrain when playing rpgs.

And I don´t think it will be a new Abba record, that would be headlines on all Swedish media for some time if that happened. I´t will probably be music for a musical. Nice to hear you have heard of Karlskrona :)
We have nice coasts, and have some fjords higher up but there are more in Norway. But I might be homeblind.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 pm

ChrilleT wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am
GODofwar wrote:
ChrilleT wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:57 am
Hello from Sweden!

I am at the moment in a frenzy of non-DwF activity, researching everything possible about the indirect product of some of your most famous folks...ABBA (sorry, can't get the first 'B' backwards)....thanks to a family reunion screening Mamma Mia 1 and 2 back to back...

Hello GODofwar!

I´m from a small city called Karlskrona (very close to Southeast corner of Sweden). Karlskrona is mostly known for it´s navalbase and the russian submarine U137 that ran aground here during the cold war. I would guess ABBA and IKEA is the two things most people now about Sweden. If you ever visit or capital city Stockholm I would recommend a visit to the Vasa Museum (warship from 1627) and since your interested in ABBA they also have a ABBA Museum (have not been there myself).

If you are already researching ABBA I don´t think I can learn you much in that subject. While TV and Radio play their music and shows documentaries about them the members keep a pretty low profile. Atleast some of them keeps making music but mostly for other artists and musicals.

I"m very familiar with Karlskrona. MY family is generational US Navy (back to the War of 1812) although I jumped ship and joined the Marines...then the Army, from which I retired.

As for ABBA and IKEA...I much prefer ABBA! Understand they are back at work on a new album...and I"m wondering if its mainly to make material for Mamma Mia 3!

Your country is beautiful. I would especially like to visit your fjords. Fewer than Norway's, but I"m told quite spectacular. Now that I'm retiring my wife and I are going to catch up on travelling.

And yes, welcome to the Boards. Oh, BTW, 'Godofwar' is my official handle, but I always post as either the below, or "TLW" for short.

Don't even ask. You don't want to hear the story.

How large is the RP/DwF community in your area?

WeaselWarGod

ChrilleT
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChrilleT » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am

GODofwar wrote:
ChrilleT wrote:
Hello from Sweden!

Hello GODofwar!

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm

ChrilleT wrote:
Hello from Sweden!

WeaselWarGod

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Oh. Did not see that thread before.

Sure I mentioned it someone else: I am from Germany... Munich at the moment.

Cheers!
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:27 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:28 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm
Missed this one too :(

UK here - Welshman living in England.

Not got any DF resin sets, just CBS and Castles which I love :D
OK, I get it.

<Welshman> call name <Rabbit Burner>

ar ar.....

TLW
err.........I have no idea what your on about.... there is no connection...... none at all.
Cheese on Toast anyone ?
Oooooooh, I get it. The super hero origin story complete.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:03 am

Welcome to the forums!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Return to “Ask Dwarven Forge Europe”