Talistran wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:28 pm
lostpict wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:51 pm
Talistran wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:28 pm

This one?

http://www.starwarstimeline.net/WestEnd ... %20WRP.pdf
No, that's REUP. I bought the one from FFG on Amazon and I bought Bill's memoirs at a Con that have his combat mod (a simplification of he created for the 30th Anniversary).
Hmmmm, I have no idea what REUP is vs 1st edition or anniversary edition.

I have books for both the 1st and 2nd edition of the original Star Wars d6.
Reup is the fan version Revised, Expanded, and Updated.

I had never played any D6 except for the D6 minis game until this year. The last game I played before the plague was at ScrumCon in Silver Springs, MD with Bill Slavicsek. He hooked me on 1st edition so that is what I am doing.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Talistran » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:28 pm

lostpict wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:51 pm
Talistran wrote:
lostpict wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:03 am

The 30th Anniversary 1st Edition with the recent combat mod Bill Slavicsek wrote. Setting is 5 years before a New Hope with a storyline nightmared up by me.
This one?

No, that's REUP. I bought the one from FFG on Amazon and I bought Bill's memoirs at a Con that have his combat mod (a simplification of he created for the 30th Anniversary).
Hmmmm, I have no idea what REUP is vs 1st edition or anniversary edition.

I have books for both the 1st and 2nd edition of the original Star Wars d6.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Talistran wrote:
lostpict wrote:
kitenerd wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 am

Awesome - if we are getting uber nerdy - 2nd Edition Revised and Expanded (with the MIllenium Falcon on the cover) - It is all about the exploding die!

Are you writing your own or running a module - their pregen stuff is remarkably well written
The 30th Anniversary 1st Edition with the recent combat mod Bill Slavicsek wrote. Setting is 5 years before a New Hope with a storyline nightmared up by me.
This one?

Regards,

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:28 pm

lostpict wrote:
kitenerd wrote:
lostpict wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:16 pm

I am getting ready to run SW d6 when we get past this plague. Instead of DF, I am using lots of 3D printed stuff. Maybe the DF scifi stuff will make an appearance.
Awesome - if we are getting uber nerdy - 2nd Edition Revised and Expanded (with the MIllenium Falcon on the cover) - It is all about the exploding die!

Are you writing your own or running a module - their pregen stuff is remarkably well written
This one?

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:07 pm

lostpict wrote:
I'll have to check out the combat mod...

I hope you file game logs here so i can live vicariously ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:03 am

kitenerd wrote:
lostpict wrote:
kitenerd wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:10 pm
At the risk of annoying people who are tired of hearing my voice...

all we can do is say "We're here, we're here!"

if enough of us keep chanting it maybe we will get noticed ;)

honestly - i am cool with whatever - i have hit peak storage - until that changes i will be an add on here and flavor there, but no significant purchases - if i ever run a serious long term sci fi game there are a number of companies out there who make what i am looking for...

That said, i would LOVE a BETA set at some point (for the record i have about 7 starters, 2-3 passages, 2 Alphas a Gamma and some extra gamma bits but not a full 2nd set - i can make a pretty good layout) and would welcome an expansion to the line - i think resin is the way to go for sci fi, unless they REALLY commit to doing it right as a kickstarter

I haven't run or gamed sci fi in over 2 years and that was at someone else's location so i just carried flavor and didn't do elaborate layouts... truth is i just love the thought exercise of planning to run more SW D6 - i love the system and the universe, so it is comforting to dream it ;)
I am getting ready to run SW d6 when we get past this plague. Instead of DF, I am using lots of 3D printed stuff. Maybe the DF scifi stuff will make an appearance.

Regards,

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:23 am

The system has always been sort of disfunctional

With one set of KS1 Game tiles you could build a room or two

One Sci Fi starter makes pretty much whats on the box - there are not a lot of other options, the piece count is too limited

The alpha set makes thing a lot cooler and gives you a more versatile footprint

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 pm

No worries, kitenerd. I’ve got plenty of terrain.

There’s just a chicken and egg problem here. Without the funky bits, there’s little reason for me to buy basic sci fi sets. OTOH, DF seeS little reason to produce funky bit sets when they sell few basic sets.

Maybe a preorder system would help?

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:44 am

Riley wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:16 am
kitenerd wrote:
(for the record i have about 7 starters, 2-3 passages, 2 Alphas a Gamma and some extra gamma bits but not a full 2nd set - i can make a pretty good layout)
Jealous.

I have a couple Sci Fi starters. If I could buy Alpha/Beta/Gamma, I’d buy those and more starters/passages.
sorry - i wasn't taunting - eBay used to be easier - it is getting out of control and shipping has skyrocketted - all i can say is patience and time (i have no time anymore) - look at what WIlliam manages to score even with the ravenous hordes bidding on everything

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 am

lostpict wrote:
kitenerd wrote:
At the risk of annoying people who are tired of hearing my voice...

all we can do is say "We're here, we're here!"

if enough of us keep chanting it maybe we will get noticed ;)

honestly - i am cool with whatever - i have hit peak storage - until that changes i will be an add on here and flavor there, but no significant purchases - if i ever run a serious long term sci fi game there are a number of companies out there who make what i am looking for...

That said, i would LOVE a BETA set at some point (for the record i have about 7 starters, 2-3 passages, 2 Alphas a Gamma and some extra gamma bits but not a full 2nd set - i can make a pretty good layout) and would welcome an expansion to the line - i think resin is the way to go for sci fi, unless they REALLY commit to doing it right as a kickstarter

I haven't run or gamed sci fi in over 2 years and that was at someone else's location so i just carried flavor and didn't do elaborate layouts... truth is i just love the thought exercise of planning to run more SW D6 - i love the system and the universe, so it is comforting to dream it ;)

Return to “Sci-Fi Master Maze Products”