Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by lostpict » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:16 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:10 pm
At the risk of annoying people who are tired of hearing my voice...

all we can do is say "We're here, we're here!"

if enough of us keep chanting it maybe we will get noticed ;)

honestly - i am cool with whatever - i have hit peak storage - until that changes i will be an add on here and flavor there, but no significant purchases - if i ever run a serious long term sci fi game there are a number of companies out there who make what i am looking for...

That said, i would LOVE a BETA set at some point (for the record i have about 7 starters, 2-3 passages, 2 Alphas a Gamma and some extra gamma bits but not a full 2nd set - i can make a pretty good layout) and would welcome an expansion to the line - i think resin is the way to go for sci fi, unless they REALLY commit to doing it right as a kickstarter

I haven't run or gamed sci fi in over 2 years and that was at someone else's location so i just carried flavor and didn't do elaborate layouts... truth is i just love the thought exercise of planning to run more SW D6 - i love the system and the universe, so it is comforting to dream it ;)
I am getting ready to run SW d6 when we get past this plague. Instead of DF, I am using lots of 3D printed stuff. Maybe the DF scifi stuff will make an appearance.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:16 am

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:10 pm
(for the record i have about 7 starters, 2-3 passages, 2 Alphas a Gamma and some extra gamma bits but not a full 2nd set - i can make a pretty good layout)
Jealous.

I have a couple Sci Fi starters. If I could buy Alpha/Beta/Gamma, I’d buy those and more starters/passages.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:10 pm

At the risk of annoying people who are tired of hearing my voice...

all we can do is say "We're here, we're here!"

if enough of us keep chanting it maybe we will get noticed ;)

honestly - i am cool with whatever - i have hit peak storage - until that changes i will be an add on here and flavor there, but no significant purchases - if i ever run a serious long term sci fi game there are a number of companies out there who make what i am looking for...

That said, i would LOVE a BETA set at some point (for the record i have about 7 starters, 2-3 passages, 2 Alphas a Gamma and some extra gamma bits but not a full 2nd set - i can make a pretty good layout) and would welcome an expansion to the line - i think resin is the way to go for sci fi, unless they REALLY commit to doing it right as a kickstarter

I haven't run or gamed sci fi in over 2 years and that was at someone else's location so i just carried flavor and didn't do elaborate layouts... truth is i just love the thought exercise of planning to run more SW D6 - i love the system and the universe, so it is comforting to dream it ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:48 pm

Just a little bit of necro here. I was scrolling thru my unread posts lists and found this one from last year in a thread started in 2013 on the same topic...some things (like water) seem to be a constant quest for a segment of the fanbase. I guess just not a large enough segment however. :(

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:39 am

The are many problems with it, the same that the old 3D MAGE KNIGHT dunegon tiles.
You cannot make adjacent rooms, you cannot place step by step the passages and rooms since each time you have to move everything. that's why I didn't support the project.

I've found out a spanish project (3d printing) very interesting instead and just dealt special prices with a french professional company to print me everything in quantities I need. So let's say that now I have finished the SciFi resin universe. I let you the link below :

Kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sp ... es?lang=fr
Website & shop online : https://www.kraken3dstudios.com/

Details are amazing and perfectly correspond to what I ever wanted for sci fi games.
I just got 3 samples in my hand so I said a big "yes" to the production.
The shop online doesn't contain all ks pieces yet but it will come.

The advantage is that you can tie or not the pieces on the table.

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:55 pm

I don't know if this is funny or sad, but I followed the link to the KS mentioned and thought "Oh, this looks really cool!" Then I noticed at the top of the page that I had pledged to the KS already... I think I may back too many KS's...

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5P7m3XMq6Q&t=4s

True that all those elements were so great !
So sad DF is locked into Heroic Fantasy for years.
May be one day we'll get more… let's cross fingers.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:54 am

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 am

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am
There's a nice Kickstarter that is running. Heroic Fantasy & scifi tiles.
I just spent 200$€ to buy their products walls & tiles.
I will complete my scifi collection and allows me now to get bigger boards to play games like space Hulk, space crusade, the thing, resident evil 2 or Deep Madness.
It's a great alternative to the lack of SF in DF products.
Link? Can't find it. Thanks.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am

There's a nice Kickstarter that is running. Heroic Fantasy & scifi tiles.
I just spent 200$€ to buy their products walls & tiles.
I will complete my scifi collection and allows me now to get bigger boards to play games like space Hulk, space crusade, the thing, resident evil 2 or Deep Madness.
It's a great alternative to the lack of SF in DF products.

Return to “Sci-Fi Master Maze Products”