Catacombs Expansion Set

David Wasilewski
Orc
Orc

Catacombs Expansion Set

Post by David Wasilewski » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Assuming the Catacombs set does well enough to justify (commercially) a second set - what would people like to suggest for food for thought to Stefan?

My two penneth:

A large floor section (4 by 4 rather than 6 by 6 though, as these are more flexible) with skulls etc, just like the 2 by 2 pieces.

Large, free standing stone coffins with plinths.

An alternative, larger pile of bones and an alternative, larger, pile of rubble to complement the already scuplted stuff in the first set.

A 'tomb door' piece with stone doors of double square size.

A large 4 by 4 'pit' floor piece with for adventurers to be lowered down.

A "large column" which is 2 by 2 size, to accompany the free standing walls.

Dave

dndgamer
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Catacombs Expansion Set

Post by dndgamer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:12 pm

I'd like to see double-sized stairs and secret walls.
--Semper Fidelis

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 pm

I like the idea of tight, cramped stairs. Something like the original Wicked Additions stairs, or better yet a free-standing column of spiral stairs.

A pile of skulls that fits in the Straight Wall with Arch arch. Or a stone insert that could double as a really big tombstone?

A broken sarcophagus or floor, where something has been looted, or escaped. Maybe a broken floor with a removable coffin coming out of it.

Semicircular alcoves. With gargoyles.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

crioux
Orc
Orc

Post by crioux » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 am

Sarcophagus, diffrentes quality and sizes, some broken, and skeleton bits and pieces.

shadbelly
Orc
Orc

Post by shadbelly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:17 pm

I really like the free standing spiral stairs idea!

David Wasilewski
Orc
Orc

Post by David Wasilewski » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 am

How about a huge charnel pit (6 by 6 floor piece). It could be a well shaped hole with a raised lip, full of bones. It would make a great centrepiece for a large room, or it could be a trap - bone golem lair or unsteady footing.

A grisly option would be a range of skeletal remains or mummified corpses, wrapped in bandages that could be stacked in corners to add more horror to the set. Think Ghoul lair!

A more radical option would be for a new set to transition the catacombs into the graveyard. A grand entrance piece with grass and railings outside? Gargoyle statues or wall pieces with gargoyles or floor pieces with a grim reaper tiled mural on the floor.

A few "catacombs narrow passages" pieces - not a full set, perhaps two straights, two corners and two dead ends.

Dave

jgardner44
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jgardner44 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 am

I love all the ideas above.

I just wanted to say that I really hope to see a catacomb tomb entrance piece in the future. Also I would really love to see a graveyard set that would let me transition from an exterior setting to the catacombs.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 pm

A curved passage, and a curved staircase that fits in the curved passage or stands alone (in catacombs or any other set).
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

JohnS
Kobold
Kobold

Post by JohnS » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:51 pm

What about an above ground cemetery with a stair piece or ladder that leads down into the catacombs from one of the graves? Sort of reflecting on what JGARDNER posted.

crioux
Orc
Orc

Post by crioux » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:48 am

Skeletons bits and pieces!

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”