KS3 TileSystem Mapper

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
Himajin
Orc
Orc

Re: KS3 TileSystem Mapper

Post by Himajin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:25 pm

We have Nate to thank for the pictures. He put them together for me during the KS3 campaign. I found having the mapper made it a lot easier to work out exactly how many of each set I needed.

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 am

Woooh! I just downloaded the images posted by Himajin, thank you so much comrade! There are some here that are better than what I was using, and you just saved me take pictures of the sewer pieces, battlements, and sidewalks!

Greetings,

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:00 am

Hi there fellow dwelvers, I was wondering if people still use this awesome tool. I've tested the new DF's Map Maker online program, and while it does work great, I prefer the freedom to configure the xml files, use the images I want, etc.

I say this because in all this years I've been updating my TileSystem files, I've created new photos and twaked some others, and I wouldn't mind to share. keep in mind that I'm no pro, my pics are something I've taken with no other equipment but a regular camera and shaped with a very simple software tool. They work just fine but they are far from perfect. In a lot of cases the "new" images are just cut-paste mishmashes of older pieces, simple-shaped drawings (by computer) or even just old photos with some new color here and there.

Last time I shared my files I uploaded a .zip file to Megaupload (imagine that) and currently I'm not using any other platform for sharing, so I accept suggestions. I can even send them by email if you provide me with your account by PM.

If you are interested in something in particular let me know, but be warned that some stuff I use had been made by other forum members back in the day. Today I find sometimes difficult to remember if it was me or not who I created some of the sets.

The type of images that I think I can give to the community that I don't think can be found anywere else are accesories: I've made images of dungeon dressing from Pathfinder Miniatures, reaper bones (as statues), D&D Miniatures (various purposes), Medieval Building Authority, Armorcast, Thomarillion, Mage Knight Dungeons, Dwarven Forge Mushrooms (KS II), several Thod's Carpets, and even Rackham. All the bunch are about 20 Mb right now.

I felt the right thing to do was at least say I've got them, in case anybody is interested.

Greetings!

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:31 am

Himajin wrote:I added most of the KS1 and KS2 tiles into the TileSystem mapper to play around with hybrid builds. New link in the first post.
This is excellent! Thank you!

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:17 am

I added most of the KS1 and KS2 tiles into the TileSystem mapper to play around with hybrid builds. New link in the first post.

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:40 am

Battlements added! I might add at least some of the KS1 and KS2 tiles as well, so it's easier to mix and change. I could see myself using some dungeon tiles in my city, for example.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Himajin, bless you my son.

The Least Weasel

Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:07 am

Here are a couple of sample setups

Himajin
Orc
Orc

KS3 TileSystem Mapper

Post by Himajin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:19 am

With the help of overhead shots from Nate, I put the KS3 tiles into the old TileSystem 2D mapping program that some people here used to use before the DF mapmaker. It can be downloaded here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/822 ... 3_v0.5.zip

It is split into the kickstarter sets so you can visualize what you can make with each pack. It doesn't handle multi-level setups well, and it only works with Windows, but I found it useful to test layouts for the street and sewer packs in particular. I'll keep updating it with the latest kickstarter info whenever I get a chance.
Last edited by Himajin on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.