Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: New Tile Wish List: City Park!

Post by pacarat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:40 am

GardenDM wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 pm
kitenerd wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:54 pm
I’m never requesting anything from DF again - seems like they are making everything we ever asked for on a grander and more glorious scale than we ever envisioned
Just remember, scrimp and save everywhere you can for what's really important. ;)

ha! got that right.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 pm

kitenerd wrote:
I’m never requesting anything from DF again - seems like they are making everything we ever asked for on a grander and more glorious scale than we ever envisioned
Just remember, scrimp and save everywhere you can for what's really important. ;)

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 pm

kitenerd wrote:
I thought “modular trees” was a terrible idea. I was mistaken.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:54 pm

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:24 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:12 pm
Arcarius2001 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:14 pm
Elye just mentioned that they are planning "scatter terrain version of the trees"!!!!!!!

This should make it easier for people who want to add trees to mountains, city, etc., plus for use with forest/grassland mats.
I hope he means for KS6!!
That was my take away. It was a free-form interview/conversation, so it might have been misstated or I may have misheard, but it sounded like the goal is to offer both options in KS6.
What I heard too. He was pointing to the free standing piece in right foreground as he was speaking but the camera wasnt following.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Elye just mentioned that they are planning "scatter terrain version of the trees"!!!!!!!

This should make it easier for people who want to add trees to mountains, city, etc., plus for use with forest/grassland mats.
That was my take away. It was a free-form interview/conversation, so it might have been misstated or I may have misheard, but it sounded like the goal is to offer both options in KS6.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm

GardenDM wrote:

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:41 am
I would like a city system barn/stables (kind of like what Morgar did with his Psom set; man I wish I would have bought a couple of those). Also, maybe an alternate Tudor sculpt to add visual interest to our towns. City walls/gates; not every town could afford thick stone walls so castle builder walls are not always appropriate.
And more villagers! I watched the Dwarvenaut again yesterday. There were some cool villager minis shown that weren’t in the mini set. I know Stefan said a KS is planned for minis. Maybe a limited bit of new village/town terrain could be offered during that.
Don't worry, at the rate things are going next year's KS will have enough City stuff to build whatever City you could dream of.

I want city stuff that lets me easily build nice look interiors.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:41 am

I would like a city system barn/stables (kind of like what Morgar did with his Psom set; man I wish I would have bought a couple of those). Also, maybe an alternate Tudor sculpt to add visual interest to our towns. City walls/gates; not every town could afford thick stone walls so castle builder walls are not always appropriate.
And more villagers! I watched the Dwarvenaut again yesterday. There were some cool villager minis shown that weren’t in the mini set. I know Stefan said a KS is planned for minis. Maybe a limited bit of new village/town terrain could be offered during that.