Secret Weapon - Mines

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Secret Weapon - Mines

Post by William » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 pm

I did go back and look at all the email correspondence and updates and there were three updates (40,42,43) that mention the soft material for the bridges, but no mention of an Entrance problem.

Also the Entrance was a $4.00 Add-on accepted on my invoice, so it's time to ask it from the horse... :roll:

pacarat, the return address states Sacramento, CA.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 pm

William wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm
I'll check with Secret Weapon Minis then.
Was hoping it was discussed sometime by them and I missed the discussion, but I guess not.

I think the Entrance was added as an "add-on item" in the pledge manager when it came out.

I like the Bridge Sets, but they do get repetitive with that arch piece. I think I'll cut and green stuff a few of them to represent the "DF Cavern" look over the "SW Mine" look. Maybe a few Stalagmites and possibly even a large Stalactite replacing an arch or the other bend piece with the small spire sticking up. Might even cover some of the post and beam supports with natural rock outcrops instead. Then I might fill in the 'L' shape bases on the two larger bridge base pieces, so they can replace a floor tile rather than sit on top. All that just because I want it all to mix better with DF caverns.

Not to be a party pooper, but the material is a bit soft, could have been a bit stiffer resin or whatever it is. Although it should make mods much easier than if it were a harder substance. Also, the medium sized bridge has a small three board plank piece that isn't long enough to reach it's support, so it looks like a 'pit' trap ready to give in. These are not a deal breakers, I'm just a picky person. ;)

I'll post some pictures when I get around to these 'fixes'. :lol:

EDIT - P.S. - I can not believe I was one of the earlier mailings, that never happens. :?: :?
Curious where it shipped from - I backed this, too.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm

I'll check with Secret Weapon Minis then.
Was hoping it was discussed sometime by them and I missed the discussion, but I guess not.

I think the Entrance was added as an "add-on item" in the pledge manager when it came out.

I like the Bridge Sets, but they do get repetitive with that arch piece. I think I'll cut and green stuff a few of them to represent the "DF Cavern" look over the "SW Mine" look. Maybe a few Stalagmites and possibly even a large Stalactite replacing an arch or the other bend piece with the small spire sticking up. Might even cover some of the post and beam supports with natural rock outcrops instead. Then I might fill in the 'L' shape bases on the two larger bridge base pieces, so they can replace a floor tile rather than sit on top. All that just because I want it all to mix better with DF caverns.

Not to be a party pooper, but the material is a bit soft, could have been a bit stiffer resin or whatever it is. Although it should make mods much easier than if it were a harder substance. Also, the medium sized bridge has a small three board plank piece that isn't long enough to reach it's support, so it looks like a 'pit' trap ready to give in. These are not a deal breakers, I'm just a picky person. ;)

I'll post some pictures when I get around to these 'fixes'. :lol:

EDIT - P.S. - I can not believe I was one of the earlier mailings, that never happens. :?: :?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Thu May 17, 2018 12:35 pm

I ordered some of this so glad to see it is shipping.

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Thu May 17, 2018 12:20 pm

SkeletonKey Ed wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:53 am
Got my stuff yesterday.
It's okay. Some really cool elements and some that don't quite work. The curved track and floor sections don't fit the curved walls very well and will require some trimming to make a good fit. I'm also not in love with the half-height walls. The height of the floors is lower than DF but that's not a deal breaker.

The bridges are great. I wish I would have gotten more than two. The tracks themselves will also be a lot of fun and I really like their doorways. Overall they will make a great way to change things up from my current collection.
That's a bummer to hear about the tracks/walls. I ordered a set of those. But good to hear about the bridges, as I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on those. I was never a fan of the half height walls even from the video, but I do look forward to allowing me to change the flavor of an underground environment. I have some upcoming encounters where a mine feel is going to be perfect.

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 pm

William wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 pm
I only ordered 4 items on this KS, (3) raised walkway Bridge Sets and (1) Mine Entrance.
:?: :? :?:
I received my (3) Bridge Sets today, but the (1) Mine Entrance wasn't in there. They sent an apology (on a sticker) with a code for credit in their store, but no explanation.
I don't want credit, I want the Mine Entrance.

Did anyone else get this kind of notification in their delivery? :?
Was there a separate Mine Entrance available? The KS page says it's only available in the core set. I can't access the full pledge manager anymore, so I don't know if there was an option there. If so, it might have been a mistake? (I know, that doesn't really help much if you ordered one :/ ). They should refund you rather than giving you credit though, if they had no intention of delivering that.

SkeletonKey Ed
Kobold
Kobold

Post by SkeletonKey Ed » Thu May 17, 2018 11:53 am

Got my stuff yesterday.
It's okay. Some really cool elements and some that don't quite work. The curved track and floor sections don't fit the curved walls very well and will require some trimming to make a good fit. I'm also not in love with the half-height walls. The height of the floors is lower than DF but that's not a deal breaker.

The bridges are great. I wish I would have gotten more than two. The tracks themselves will also be a lot of fun and I really like their doorways. Overall they will make a great way to change things up from my current collection.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 17, 2018 7:53 am

On the Ks comments someone was wondering about missing a stair from the base set. And maybe another piece. Hope they do not have a lot of trouble with missing pieces.

I ordered bridges and some tracks. Also mine entrances.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 17, 2018 7:50 am

I do not expect my stuff for at least a month. They unfortunately have a "hub" in Australia that they are shipping from.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 am

I tried to see if there was some kind of explanation .I have not found one yet :?
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!