Is my dungeon of doom here yet

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Is my dungeon of doom here yet

Post by geekjeff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:03 am

There is some wisdom and truth from the Bunny warren here - inaccurate or out of date info can be worse than no info. Keep in mind though, there was a Kickstarter status update less than 10 days ago. That’s not so long a stretch.

I know that more frequent updates during shipping would help the feeling of uncertainty, and I’ll suggest to the team that perhaps it would be good to plan around it for the next project. Maybe something like Reaper does, a Kickstarter update scheduled for every other Friday once shipping commences, with an updated progress report and what’s going out next. It still just takes a ton of time to sort and ship thousands of packages, but that would at least help with the feeling of uncertainty, wouldn’t it? You’d know exactly when to expect new info.

It has been said before, but it’s not a matter of people being shifted to Kickstarter prep delaying anything. Containers are still arriving. The shipping warehouse is located in a whole different state. It is owned by a whole different company. Sending a bunch of artists to their doorstep would not make packages go out any quicker, even if they’re great artists.

I know that the waiting is frustrating, and I also know that everyone is doing whatever they can to make shipping happen as fast as possible. I agree that communication could be improved for next time, and as always DF always welcomes feedback about how they might be able to improve things.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:15 am

Comms has always been a big weakness with DF.

Our take is, if they have not told us, then they are not 100% sure of what the situation is. To be fair they won't speculate as it can embarrass them more than silence, no matter how frustrating we find it.

Though most of us would take a little guesstimating over silence.

Personally we have no problem pledging for KS6 before KS5 arrives, we know the quality will be high as expected with probably the odd issue, not seen any issue in the previous 2 Kickstarters that makes us doubt DF.

But prefer a weekly update where they tell us what they do know and what they don't, problem is it becomes more negative fuel so understand that they don't.

Catch 22.
I am the Game and I want to Play

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Agreed, it's very frustrating. It feels like the fact that there is nothing they can do to speed up the process and the fact that there is a new campaign to run has led them to conclude they don't need to tell us anything, no matter how often and how loudly and we tell them that is not the case.

Particularly here, where the delays are not only longer than they keep telling us they will be, but we are getting inconsistent answers. Are they waiting to ship the rest of everyone's orders all at once, or are they going to do another partial shipment because of some of the continued delays? I don't even know. The last official update didn't say anything about when shipments to backers would take place, only when shipments to the company itself would come from the factory, which is somewhat opaque.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:24 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm
To me it is the lack of information. Things are happening behind a drapery of silence, and it would not be too hard or take much time to put up a post.
Agree communication helps.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm

To me it is the lack of information. Things are happening behind a drapery of silence, and it would not be too hard or take much time to put up a post.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Not a big fan of pledging for a new KS prior to getting prior order. Even though I know I'll get it. Hard to not think many resources from DF are shifted to the new KS. I know they say they are seperate teams but total bodies are total bodies that could help ship.

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Yeah, unfortunately those KS comments are more smoke with no actual substance.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Don't think I am going to have anything. Zero word on my stuff and KS starts in a week.

ShaynePatrick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ShaynePatrick » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:13 pm

From the KS (in case you haven't seen it):

"Sir Geekjeff, Valorian Spelunkers Guild about 4 hours ago
Hi all - I know the creative team is totally swamped now, but I'm sure there will be a shipping update here before the next Kickstarter launches.

It's hard to say how many packages North America backers will receive since it's likely a case-by-case thing depending on what you ordered and what order things arrive in, just as it was with the Castles fulfillment. Obviously, fewer packages is better both from a shipping cost perspective and an overall fulfillment speed perspective (fewer boxes handled means more overall goes out per day.) Thanks for your continued patience, and be assured that everyone is eager to get your dungeons in your hands as quickly as possible!

Personally, I can understand wanting your DoD items in hand before you can get excited about the next project - but I think it's very likely that most backers will have their Dungeons (except maybe for the Elevation Boxes) happily on their table well before the next Kickstarter concludes and will be hungry for Cavern-y goodness!

I know international backers in particular really need some updated info. I'll see if there is any news to relate soon."

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:05 pm

I, too, would like an update. I ordered all unpainted add-ons (including a bridge and platform) and am wondering when any of it will be shipped.