Is my dungeon of doom here yet

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Re: Is my dungeon of doom here yet

Post by ForestZ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Yeah, unfortunately those KS comments are more smoke with no actual substance.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Don't think I am going to have anything. Zero word on my stuff and KS starts in a week.

ShaynePatrick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ShaynePatrick » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:13 pm

From the KS (in case you haven't seen it):

"Sir Geekjeff, Valorian Spelunkers Guild about 4 hours ago
Hi all - I know the creative team is totally swamped now, but I'm sure there will be a shipping update here before the next Kickstarter launches.

It's hard to say how many packages North America backers will receive since it's likely a case-by-case thing depending on what you ordered and what order things arrive in, just as it was with the Castles fulfillment. Obviously, fewer packages is better both from a shipping cost perspective and an overall fulfillment speed perspective (fewer boxes handled means more overall goes out per day.) Thanks for your continued patience, and be assured that everyone is eager to get your dungeons in your hands as quickly as possible!

Personally, I can understand wanting your DoD items in hand before you can get excited about the next project - but I think it's very likely that most backers will have their Dungeons (except maybe for the Elevation Boxes) happily on their table well before the next Kickstarter concludes and will be hungry for Cavern-y goodness!

I know international backers in particular really need some updated info. I'll see if there is any news to relate soon."

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:05 pm

I, too, would like an update. I ordered all unpainted add-ons (including a bridge and platform) and am wondering when any of it will be shipped.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Does anybody know, maybe @sirgeekjeff, the current plan for delivering the sets that included the elevation platforms and bridge? Are the bridges now lining up correctly? Are the add-ons shipping out separately if you bought both? Or will add-ons be shipped when the platforms and bridges are ready? Any info would be appreciated.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 pm

I got both. I figure if I don't like the jade or the regular, I can sell the extra off at a later date.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:53 am

I bought the full Jade Temple, but I agree that it contains more pieces than I need. I’ll probably be looking to swap a few jade pieces 1:1 for non-jade versions.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 am

Yup, that's exactly what I'm doing! Had to bite the bullet and get both. Didn't get the full encounter, just got Temple add ons. Don't need the amount of duplicated pieces you get with the full encounter, precisely because I intend to sprinkle mine throughout the DoD.

szabbran
Goblin
Goblin

Post by szabbran » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am

Law wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 pm
The regular temple pieces, though - I kinda see them as separate but I also definitely want to build something with all of it. I'm not sure how the colors will line up but I'd like to try. I want all these traps and torches in the temple for the full Indiana Jones vibe!
As beautiful as the jade pieces work, I specifically went with the OG temple for this reason. I'm very excited to see how well they integrate with the color scheme of the normal vaulted pieces, because I plan on treating them as a way to re-theme a broader dungeon by sprinkling in with other DoD pieces rather than keeping them as a more stand-alone segment. I'm thinking of them as similar to LEDs in that swapping out a few temple walls/altars/pillars in an otherwise vaulted dungeon could give it a totally different vibe.

It's been tough fighting off the remorse for not snagging up some jade pieces during the KS, but I'm hoping that once I get them on the table the extra versatility makes up for it.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:48 am

Jade and snakes all the way for us.

Maybe its out ingrained hatred for the rabbit eating B@$£@&"$ that we want to purge the slippery buggers.
I am the Game and I want to Play