Post by dice4hire » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:45 pm

I am also hoping for this.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

stratocumulus
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Suggestions from the peanut gallery

Post by stratocumulus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:26 pm

I'm hoping for some grand entrances...like a dwarven one, drow type, etc... that stand taller than the normal DF scale....maybe 5" or 6" ...I'd even settle for a 4"er...where's Elye when you need him?!!!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:16 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:01 am
I swore someone from DF had already hinted long ago at a cavern elevation platform being done in KS6
We cannot imagine this not being done for KSVI.

Assuming its a success in backers hands and builds (cannot see why it wouldn't) we can see many more varieties being provided in future Kickstarters.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:31 am

I think we will see a lot of the new Dungeon stuff from KSV done for caverns in KSVI. The basic development work is done, so why not expand?
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:01 am

I swore someone from DF had already hinted long ago at a cavern elevation platform being done in KS6

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:15 am

Law wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 am
This has probably been covered, but I'd love a cavern/wilderness variation on the elevation tray from the DoD.
That could be an interesting piece to build, but a tray that matches the caverns style and color scheme would seem to be a no-brainer from the perspective of building on the best of previous campaigns. Elevation has been promised for KSVI; hopefully we get this!

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 am

This has probably been covered, but I'd love a cavern/wilderness variation on the elevation tray from the DoD. That is a phenomenal item, and a great way to make it easier to build up elevation. A cavern variant would make it that much easier to get truly varied elevations in a large cavern complex, which would be so much more organic and more accurate.

AND -- bonus! -- combined with the dungeon elevation tray, would make it MUCH easier to use the drawbridge in our castle layouts. That drawbridge is phenomenal, and while it works well ENOUGH over a basic KS2 moat, it's far more satisfying with a real height to it. You can cheat by raising JUST the gatehouse -- and I did, in most of my builds. But building up 95% of your layout by placing both a massive castle AND the countryside around it on elevation, just to have a moat, was a bit of a pain. With elevation trays, it becomes much easier -- and that much easier to build a proper countryside around your castle if the elevation tray is cavernous rock instead of tiled floor.

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Thu May 31, 2018 3:24 am

Imagine if the sewer set had been cast in clear Dwarvenite and painted to allow an underlying tray to show through the waterway portions... And larger sewer water sections were just negative space and wall sections with that curved look. I think trays with a variety of negative space borders and effects could be powerful stuff.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Wed May 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Too many pages to sort through properly, but I will mention that those of us who prefer trays/mats/etc. for water and lava flows in negative space builds really appreciate good "liquidside" tiles like the chasm pieces. Particularly a set of beach/shore tiles with water edge pieces at some point in the future would be great. 3D marshlands, or at least marsh edges too, maybe?
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

electricmotorcycles
Orc
Orc

Post by electricmotorcycles » Tue May 29, 2018 10:24 pm

it might be a bit late but when making more "nonlinear" pieces like caverns vs nice right angle dungeons, it would be nice to make them stackable, for example, you can almost take two of cavern Straight B [5-BB] flip one and make a nice block out of it. this would be great for storage or elevation.