Realm of the Ancients in Dwarvenite?

What style would you want a Dwarvenite version of RotA to be made in?

City Builder System
21%
Dungeon style like KS1 & KS5
79%

Total votes: 33

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Realm of the Ancients in Dwarvenite?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:19 am

Hekaton1 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:02 pm
All this hate on CBS ... am I the only one that loves it? :'(
Clearly not
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:23 am
We would like a RotA in Dwarvenite to be CBS as that is what we use most.

Love the flexibility of CBS as pointed out changing walls is so easy but posts hurt our paws :(

Adding floors is so easy no need for terrain trays unless you want a large room with no internal posts. Then we use Castle roof platforms.

Would be very interested in seeing if a magnetic post system is plausible. But we suspect not as their may not be magnets strong enough especially for double posts which really tighten up big building.

Crossing all 4 paws for some CBS additions in KSVII
Its a mini adventure
kitenerd wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 pm

On a related note - i still have a box of Castle stuff next to my desk (some of it unopened) - i mentioned to my wife that i had no idea where i was going to put the (rather large) box of KS V when it arrives

She looked at me and said "Well, if you have more than you can store then you won't be buying anymore when the next KS rolls around"

I looked at her with a blank expression of non comprehension... the moment lasted an awkward amount of time

"i'm kidding" she said. I exhaled.

I love my wife, and i am very fortunate i am not living under an overpass with a pile of minis and dungeon walls ;)
Find it best just not to say anything :shock:

The games room is a converted garage and requires going outside to enter which she does not do often as it is 'full of toys' to coin a phrase. But as long as I look after her and the kids she is cool.

Having to move books out to make room for Dwarvenite and shiney boxes of minis which is hard to do :(. Restructuring the storage with Really Useful Boxes, which whilst less flexible does allow for a significant amount of more storage.
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:13 pm

I like CBS a lot, but it does have its flaws. I have a ton of it.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Hekaton1 wrote:
I don’t hate it. It has cool aspects and I have a lot of it. It just also has aspects I find frustrating and awkward. Mostly when trying to build nice looking and detailed interiors.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:41 pm

Magniopi wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:14 pm
now that I have a basement, the collection seems to be growing to fill that, too. I went big on KS5, and am already eager for KS6--though I have to start limiting the new acquisitions. We've only been in our house three years. Moving again might be too much to ask.
Go ahead and go big for KS6 Caverns, playing with them will give you great ideas for digging tunnels out from your basement for extra storage space. :twisted:

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:14 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 pm
On a related note - i still have a box of Castle stuff next to my desk (some of it unopened) - i mentioned to my wife that i had no idea where i was going to put the (rather large) box of KS V when it arrives

She looked at me and said "Well, if you have more than you can store then you won't be buying anymore when the next KS rolls around"

I looked at her with a blank expression of non comprehension... the moment lasted an awkward amount of time

I love my wife, and i am very fortunate i am not living under an overpass with a pile of minis and dungeon walls ;)
Ha!
I know that exact feeling. When my wife and I bought a new house a few years ago, finding a place with a basement large enough to store my gaming collection was a requirement on the list. She REALLY wanted it out of the closets I had otherwise filled at the old house.

Of course, now that I have a basement, the collection seems to be growing to fill that, too. I went big on KS5, and am already eager for KS6--though I have to start limiting the new acquisitions. We've only been here three years. Moving again might be too much to ask.
Last edited by Magniopi on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Hekaton1 wrote:
I own pretty close to 2K worth of CBS - i would not even begin to say that i hate it

I just REALLY like MBS and wish i owned some - when i get more storage (ie game room) i will start hunting down resin sets - seems silly to collect at a point where i don't even know where to store

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Hekaton1 wrote:
It is because you are new. If I did not have the resin or had never seen it I would not dislike CBS as much.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm

I like it, but I wish I could do a 2" environment in it for hallways. I also wish we had more post options.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Hekaton1
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Hekaton1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Zie ginds komt de stoomboot
Uit Spanje weer aan.
Hij brengt ons Sint Nikolaas,
Ik zie hem al staan.
Hoe huppelt zijn paardje
Het dek op en neer!
Hoe waaiend de wimpels
Al heen en al weer!

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:37 am
I would never propose to eliminate CBS in my opinion it is awesome exterior terrain and very cool for the fight that moves from out to in and back

I want MBS for the secret door in the library that leads to the dungron corridor. Or the tavern with the secret smugglers cove in caverns ( i’m looking at you Feymous!)

For my gaming i would use MBS more thsn CBS but i want them both
Ya, I like each in their own way. I would like a MBS dwarvenite set to be able to make quick interiors but I doubt that will ever happen. Apart from a few specialized pieces and the Tudor advanced builder set I don't need much more CBS.