KS6 Launch Date

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Nate said on the KS comments that an update may be out Wednesday.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Orc
Orc

Post by zenako » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm

So far so good with all DF shipments. My one real problem was a computer monitor I ordered online from Dell I believe. When it was delivered with the box smushed, I fully expected there to be an issue. The housing of the monitor was cracked, etc. Took some pictures, contacted customer support and promptly received the return label (via email). I declined a replacement and got a refund and just picked up a similar monitor from a local shop.

I am always amused by how many fragile stickers are on some of the gaming boxes that have plastic terrain in them that I receive. And conversely how many time small electronics show up with no marking. Perhaps the shipping guys take the fragile labels as a challenge?

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Almost all my boxes in the last three months have been damaged... fortunately the contents were fine. Those packages came via usps, ups, and fedex.
When I can sign for them I note the damage. I also take photos of the box before I even take in the house and then when I open it. Just to document in case there is an issue. Last year I had one where the contents were damaged and was really glad I had the photos.

edit: I also noticed that a box of boxes *might* have a token piece of paper for packing... one little crinkled bit of packing paper... Not even enough to suggest it would do anything... let alone enough to keep the boxes from bouncing around inside the package.

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:03 pm

William wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:25 pm
What I've noticed lately, the last three boxes I have received from various places, have had dents in each box. I would just like to get one without any dents. Are they playing soccer with these boxes or what. I think all three were USPS, not UPS. Who knows?
I have noticed this too, with boxes from Amazon and some overseas deliveries.

Clearly this World Cup Fever has gotten out of hand!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:25 pm

What I've noticed lately, the last three boxes I have received from various places, have had dents in each box. I would just like to get one without any dents. Are they playing soccer with these boxes or what. I think all three were USPS, not UPS. Who knows?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:00 am

By the time you post your third post in this thread you will have bought everything ...... Twice!

We have similar experience with batteries not being sent, will have to see if this effects KS5 and 6
That is interesting and damn frustrating, I think the Fog Monster folks had similar issues with batteries shipped from China direct to the EU and had to remove their LED lights from people's orders (or maybe they shipped those separately from a EU source? Can't recall exactly.)

Obviously something caught on fire somewhere at some point to cause this restriction, although it's hard to imagine little coin cell batteries preinstalled causing so much trouble.

Whereas in the US - fuck it, let it burn up a truck two! That's what insurance is for! Freedom!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:00 am

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:21 am

No. I won't participate at all.
If something great comes up in this future KS, may be I will be able to buy it later in the shop (the bridge for instance).

I will wait & see :)

By the time you post your third post in this thread you will have bought everything ...... Twice!

We have similar experience with batteries not being sent, will have to see if this effects KS5 and 6
I am the Game and I want to Play

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:21 am

Report this post

Unread post
by GODofwar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 am
HeroQuestFrance wrote: ↑
Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am
I won't participate.
KS5 was exceptionnal to me (5000$!) so I won't be a DF customer for almost a decade, the time to pay everything and to see what are the real needs in gameplays.
All, mark this on your CHECK file. Lets see what HeroQuest actually spends!!

I'm taking bets on the pool...

HeroQuest, your will cannot resist....Spiropolism....

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, especially KS6

No. I won't participate at all.
- First because I have to refund the bank (5000€ is a large amount) for the KS5,
- secondly because I didn't receive it yet to check the quality,
- thirdly because I fear a lot of fabrication problems : yes !.
I ordered a LED pilar set and 1 year later, the replacement is a catastroph to me. Never thought it could happen.
More, I learnt that batteries are no more delivered due to custom control :
Unfortunately, we had to ship your package without the batteries. Although this hasn't been a problem in the past, apparently enforcement of battery shipping regulations is becoming stricter. This is our second attempt with your package, the first was sent back to the factory and they had to remove the batteries before it would be accepted. We also can't send this quantity of batteries separately.
Is it directly replacement pieces targeted from China to Europe ?
Does it apply to ks n°5 too ?
So I really fear the worst for KS n°5 delivery with additional costs for the batteries which weren't planed, missing & broken pieces, paint problem etc.

Well, for all those reasons, I prefer to wait and see and finish to pay my credit.
A 5000€ KS each year isn't a thing I can afford each year. If something great comes up in this future KS, may be I will be able to buy it later in the shop (the bridge for instance).

I will wait & see :)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:34 pm

Had to go look that one up, sorry.
I remember it from the 1978 movie "Grease".
Too funny. :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jazzman
Goblin
Goblin

Post by jazzman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:20 pm

William wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 pm
Reminds me of "I must, I must, I must increase my bu" ba...wait, wait,wait! I'm a dude, so never mind. ;)
Ah....Another Lords fan....You surprise me William.