Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

thedmstrikes
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Post by thedmstrikes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:31 am

geekjeff wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:08 am
Last I heard from Jay, these sales were going to have to wait until after the Kickstarter. It really is a small number of sets available - a few dozen I think - and they're not sure how best to go about making them available.

I know that's not the answer anyone wanted to hear, but I didn't want anyone to worry about missing out on a surprise sale in the middle on Kickstarter madness.
Looks like the boards ate my last response, but thanks geekjeff. I was unaware of that extra data about when they shifted the release date too. Now I have a little bit more to add to my pledge in about 28 minutes...

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:24 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am
Lottery?

Give everyone who wants one a few days to enter their name... cull duplicates... and offer to buyers in order of names drawn. First drawn gets choice of set (if there is more than one). Keep going down the list til they are all gone. If someone doesn't one of what is left, then move on to the next name.

Seems like a fair way to do it. If it is truly a dozen sets... then it should only take a few days to do it.

Of course I think they should just sell them to me... My collection has nice big hole that they will fill nicely. :-) That's fair isn't it? ;-)
I have a huge DRY hole too... and have been collecting since before this century started. :(
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am
Lottery?

Give everyone who wants one a few days to enter their name... cull duplicates... and offer to buyers in order of names drawn. First drawn gets choice of set (if there is more than one). Keep going down the list til they are all gone. If someone doesn't one of what is left, then move on to the next name.

Seems like a fair way to do it. If it is truly a dozen sets... then it should only take a few days to do it.

Of course I think they should just sell them to me... My collection has nice big hole that they will fill nicely. :-) That's fair isn't it? ;-)
This. It would also provide a bit of data about demand for these sets.

Or you can just sell them all to me.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am

Lottery?

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:08 am

Last I heard from Jay, these sales were going to have to wait until after the Kickstarter. It really is a small number of sets available - a few dozen I think - and they're not sure how best to go about making them available.

I know that's not the answer anyone wanted to hear, but I didn't want anyone to worry about missing out on a surprise sale in the middle on Kickstarter madness.

thedmstrikes
Goblin
Goblin

Post by thedmstrikes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am

So, I am hoping that with all the hum drum gufaw with this silly kickstarter* about to kick off that the question of the (possibly) available "lake sets" does not get lost in the shuffle. There are a few of us that are really looking forward for the opportunity to add some to our collections without having to sacrifice a first born on the secondary market. Can someone at DF throw us a bone on some new expectation management?

* He said silly kickstarter, what is he thinking? :shock:

Well Vern, I think that might just be some humor right thar... :roll:

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:28 am

I guess you were not one who wanted to buy those in early June then. Fair enough. Me neither.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 am

DF has NEVER let me down. They will launch and ship when they launch and ship...enjoy the lead up, the ride, and the anticipatory waiting for delivery! 8-) 8-) 8-)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 pm

I can buy rampant insanity ad Df, all too easily.

But if early June has not arrived yet in DF land, why does everyone expect KSVI on the 22nd. Late September is looking a more likely date.

Remember, time is fluid in DF land, I mean soon can be anywhere from days to months. :D
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:24 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 pm
My best guess is that they are so focused on both KS5 delivery and the run-up to KS6 and GenCon that it's on the back burner. DF is a small shop and everyone wears a lot of hats.

pokorny[1].jpg

stefan.JPG

IMG_2069[1].jpg

BKZoRJd__400x400[1].jpg
Too funny! Well done.