Are you a LARP player?

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Re: Are you a LARP player?

Post by marcoreds » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:54 am

Thank you Mushu!

Last campaign I was a kind of roguish-warrior unable to read-and-write, who beat through problems with his warstaff and throwing knives… so this time I did the opposite, a well instructed guy who can only heal, and never hurts anybody.

A change of perspective :-)

One thing that I found out and used this time: I wanted to have "books" with the public history written out, to consult and to show the "bookworm" nature of the character.
At the same time, I did not want to write it all out on parchment paper myself (it's hundred of pages...), but I did not want to print them in, I don't know, Arial (too modern imho).
So I found out this site:

http://www.yourfonts.com/

It allows you to create a font out of your own handwriting (works best in block letters) and use it in Word and such.

So I was able to prepare books in my own calligraphy.

In case this might be of interest :-)

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Post by Mushu_Green » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:38 am

marcoreds wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 pm
I have been larping for like 15 years, still doing that as of today (Italy).

Here is a picture of the last character I am impersonating in the freshly started storyline, a cleric of a good-sided God.

Woah ! Very nice costume ! :D I was never much of a spellcaster type of characters, just getting into it. I'm sure you do kickass rituals and everything :P

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 pm

I have been larping for like 15 years, still doing that as of today (Italy).

Here is a picture of the last character I am impersonating in the freshly started storyline, a cleric of a good-sided God.
Attachments
Foto 27-05-18, 15 07 02_lowres.jpg
Foto 27-05-18, 15 07 02_lowres.jpg (85.68 KiB) Viewed 367 times

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:08 pm

astolat wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:45 pm
I haven't had much chance to LARP since college, but did Otherworld (http://www.otherworld.org) with my husband, which was a huge blast and I highly recommend to anyone. Sadly you can only do it once. :'(
That looks awesome! I totally want to try that! :D

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:45 pm

I haven't had much chance to LARP since college, but did Otherworld (http://www.otherworld.org) with my husband, which was a huge blast and I highly recommend to anyone. Sadly you can only do it once. :'(

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:11 am

That is WAY cool :)

Never LARP'd, dressed as Gandalf for a fancy dress party but we suspect that does not count ;)
I am the Game and I want to Play

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Are you a LARP player?

Post by Mushu_Green » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:25 am

Hey folks !

I was curious if people of the DF community also played in the real. Any LARP players here? What is your favorite kind of character to impersonate?

I know the DF staff play but maybe some of you do too ! Don't be shy to post photos of your costumes :) or epic moments of your story !

Here is one of mine, a skaven named Nyz, alchemist and taken to the land by his clan by force because he is a coward. I once jumped into a sand arena because someone threw a latex fish in the middle of it. I put it in my mouth and started to claw at the walls to get out, in vain. The master of the arena said that everyone that entered the arena, must leave defeated or victorious and that I had to fight. Let's say that my 10 cm dagger wasn't very useful. But I made everyone laugh and got pity cheers.

I only played him once but it was much fun !