An insert for Dwarvenite tiles

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Re: An insert for Dwarvenite tiles

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:46 am

That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!

I've been running a modern X-files campaign, and its hard to find modern terrain.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: An insert for Dwarvenite tiles

Post by LordDust » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:45 am

While I avoid modern things in my fantasy games myself, have you looked into 1/4 scale dollhouse stuff? You can get some very good stuff that way for medieval, renaissance, and modern. Depending on the piece the price ranges from less than similar minis to much more, but you can also find things that don't really exist in the miniatures ranges for gaming.

ZoeBrain

An insert for Dwarvenite tiles

Post by ZoeBrain » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:38 am

IMG_20180607_200504.jpg
Something usually missing
IMG_20180607_200504.jpg (63.72 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Backing (for attachment of toilet roll holder, paper towel dispenser, mirror cabinet and especially to show graffiti) is 3mm styrofoam artboard. Transparent base is cut from an acetate sushi tray cover.

Figure to show scale is Reaper Bones, heavily drybrushed, base painted. Plumbing fixtures from Frontlne-Games Urban Accessories.

At 4cm high X 4cm wide X 2.5cm this will fit in any Dwarvenite corner or wall/floor dungeon piece.

It would have been easier to just modify a piece, but this way gives extra flexibility in placement.

Graffiti includes "Yngvi is a Louse", "Kobolds Rule (in Draconic)", "Frodo was here" and the initials A.S.

Such little vignettes add character and a little humour to your dungeon. I can recommend the Reaper Police Box and Torture Chamber sets too, but these can be placed loosely.