First impressions of Encounters 1 - 6

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Re: First impressions of Encounters 1 - 6

Post by zenako » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:28 am

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 pm
The wallet took the plunge... but my paintbrushes are on strike and refuse to leave the brush cup - one of these days...
Actually I finally got my brushes out of mothballs this past year, andI have been painting some of the Secret Weapon decor the past couple of days and started some of the Mantic campground items as well. This type of item has the benefit of not being as detailed/picky as painting up minis of folks. (I suspect that is why the large batch of minis I painted this summer from Reaper were almost all undead and weird swampy dudes and fungi...clean details somewhat optional on a zombie...)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 pm

The wallet took the plunge... but my paintbrushes are on strike and refuse to leave the brush cup - one of these days...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Accessorizing your DF is a whoile nother rabbit hole for your wallet.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:08 am

i really need to paint up some monster beds - that lair looks really empty without bedrolls :(

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:07 am

Tonights game was 4 terrain trays!

Two weeks ago we tracked the wererats to the sewers and then found a secret door that lead into a cave - the session ended with the party in a rat swarm as were rats came flooding in from the other entrance
IMG_8088.JPG
IMG_8088.JPG (113.72 KiB) Viewed 244 times
IMG_8084.JPG
IMG_8084.JPG (87.5 KiB) Viewed 244 times
there were two chambers farther in each of which got added 1 tray at a time
IMG_8085.JPG
IMG_8085.JPG (81.19 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I like this soo much better than uncovering in sections

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm
Glad it worked for you! You are lucky! The UK store doesn’t ship to where I live in Tallahassee FL, so I can’t get the cool tray inserts.

I’m also using some of the 17 liter boxes for storage and transport. I can stack 3 terrain trays with builds on them in 1 box, but they keep better in the 7 liter ones. I’ll post a photo of my storage rack later.
Follow that link. They sell directly in the USA now. :) Better to buy in bulk as I think shipping is $10 for 1 item, and then $20 for 2-6 or so items depending on size. They have some discounted items too, but those have colored (non-clear) bottoms.

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Glad it worked for you! You are lucky! The UK store doesn’t ship to where I live in Tallahassee FL, so I can’t get the cool tray inserts.

I’m also using some of the 17 liter boxes for storage and transport. I can stack 3 terrain trays with builds on them in 1 box, but they keep better in the 7 liter ones. I’ll post a photo of my storage rack later.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:18 am

Pizzabagel wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:41 pm
FYI Really Useful Boxes 7 Litre appears to be a perfect size to hold and transport a build on a terrain tray (which helps me since I have to haul my dungeons to a friends house for our weekly game).

These are available from Office Depot for about $10 with free shipping if you order enough, and usually there will be a 20%-40% off coupon you can click on.
I just wanted to thank Pizzabagel - i think he was the first to point out what an awesome size the 7L RUB was - i LOVE them for this

I just ordered 4 more - they seem to have disappeared everywhere except drectly from Really Useful Box - $20 shipping to get them here, but they have smoke and blue on sale for $10 each

they also have a tray insert - i ordered one to check it out:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/u ... Tray7L.php

Thanks Pizzabagel!

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:10 pm

FYI received encounters 9-12. Overall excellent quality, only a few complaints:
-The boulder on the doomroller set (the smooth one), has a horrible noticeable uneven seam, like they sloppily glued two halves of a sphere together.
- My magnetic classic walls (add on pack) are all bent. I will work on seeing if I can unbend them.
- About 4 of the flat floors are noticeably under-drybrushed, but I can fix that myself. Better too little than too much.

Otherwise piles and piles of awesome stuff!! Can’t wait to try out the burrows with my group next Sunday!