Fooling around with Encounters 1 - 6, non-encounter build

steel_knight
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Fooling around with Encounters 1 - 6, non-encounter build

Post by steel_knight » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:27 pm

This is a very nice build! I like how it has curved mazes leading to the throne room. I also like the distinctive outline of the layout. You could sketch this for player handout earlier in the campaign and give them something to puzzle over until they reach this part of the adventure. Thank you for sharing.

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 am

I usually get unpainted for base pledge then get a sample of addons painted so I can match the paintjobs. Problem is the chase pieces that never seem to have any closeup detailed pictures posted.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm

pacarat wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:04 am
Is it just me, or are there color variations on some of those floor tiles? Looks like some have much darker base color. Also the dry brushing seems very heavy handed and monochromatic.
Yes, some of the paint job is particularly bad. However, overall, these pieces look and feel great. And are a ton of fun. They are going to make my games a lot more fun.

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Looks great can't wait to get mine to play around with them.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Well, with my personal painting there tends to be variation too, so I do not mind so much.

But with KSVI I am intending to get quite a bit of painted as I got KSII painted way back when, so I hope it matches pretty well. At least as well as the cavern stuff I painted myself.

But a great build. WEll done!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:04 am

Is it just me, or are there color variations on some of those floor tiles? Looks like some have much darker base color. Also the dry brushing seems very heavy handed and monochromatic.

Glad I went unpainted for everything.

Anyone done a side by side comparison of KS1 and these unpainted? Curious on base dwarvenite color. Hopefully not a repeat of the rainbow base coloring we got in Castles.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 am

I really like this - very well done. Shows how effective these pieces can be in a large space, which the pre-built encounters didn't tend to explore. And the throne room itself looks amazing!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:38 am

only one thing to say...

cool cool cool cool cool cool

Thanks Talistran :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Very Nice. I like how the 90 degree curved sections look pretty good as opposite sides of a curved hall. The evil DM in me sees those walls of force moving slowly each round, like 10 feet to force the victims to make a choice....

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Fooling around with Encounters 1 - 6, non-encounter build

Post by Talistran » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:37 pm

So, my boys wanted to build a maze that leads to a "room for a powerful bad guy." So we did.

We used almost all of the non-passageway blocks from Encounters 1-6 to build this. There were a dozen floors (1x1, 2x1) left over along with ALL of the passageway blocks. We also didn't really use any elevation blocks in this except for two in the "throne room." Didn't use the second double door and several little doors too.

They loved using the levers to get rid of the walls of force, making people back track all over the maze.

Hope you like it. It was nice for me to see how far these six encounters will stretch for custom builds.

And then they wanted to turn on all of the LED and try some different "statues" from KS4 as well, along with removing some of the columns they built out of the elevation pedastals.