Two more months? To reach the warehouse??

Sarducci
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Two more months? To reach the warehouse??

Post by Sarducci » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 pm

I get a kick out of how most people are unable to comprehend how long it takes to really ship things. The phrase "slow boat from China" is based in truth. Shipping by water is very economical but slow. And the DoD is very large. Five shipping containers if I remember right, plus a restock. These need unloaded, inventoried, and quality controlled. I for one am not dissatisfied with the shipping time. Yes, I wish it was faster. But I also am realistic on how these things work. I think DF is doing a very good job. Especially considering how much more in depth this KS than in KS1 or KS2.

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:00 pm

LordDust wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 am
That is rather disappointing. I was hoping to see more of it at Gen Con. Unless they already have everything from sample shipments there won't be as much on display. I do hope that the loose pieces also return, but I wonder if there will be any DoD in that at all? I'll have to arrange to be at the door early on Thursday if I want a shot at it if there is any, I'm sure.

It could be worse though.
They should have air-shipped samples by then, similar to those we saw in Nate's unboxing. Possibly a few extra copies if DF requests...

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:25 am

Law wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:42 pm
Am I reading this right? Gorgon tiers and lava bridge, and the elevation block add on, leave factory in 3 weeks, and take 5 weeks to get to warehouse?
Add another 5 to 6 weeks for us UK backers!

disappointing given their previous track record, but never rely on any KS fulfilling at their stated timescales so does not cause us any problems, well apart from filling up the KSV assigned storage space with other shiney carrots.
I am the Game and I want to Play

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 am

That is rather disappointing. I was hoping to see more of it at Gen Con. Unless they already have everything from sample shipments there won't be as much on display. I do hope that the loose pieces also return, but I wonder if there will be any DoD in that at all? I'll have to arrange to be at the door early on Thursday if I want a shot at it if there is any, I'm sure.

It could be worse though.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:44 am

While I'm understanding, I am frustrated that DF went from the gold standard in KS fulfillment to average or slightly better than average. I was hoping to run my group through 1-6 and then a month later start the next encounters. Now I likely won't even run them through the DoD until I have it all, which means all my story setup I've been doing in anticipation is going to need a few sessions of "filler episodes" to stretch it out.

I love DF but I do wish they would do better at planning timeframes due to scope and complexity.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:42 am

On the blithely positive side, we get the joy of anticipating KS fulfilment for over two months!!!

Multiple boxes of joy has an upside ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 am

I know, but the earlier update said full delivery by end of June. Now it's saying the first shipments of the largest part will start at the end of August. Full delivery will therefore be some time in late September. That's disappointingly much later.

zenako
Goblin
Goblin

Post by zenako » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:01 am

They take slow boats across that big water thing between us. There is another KS that actually gave the boat info and link to a site to track the boat's slow progress across the ocean, at least when the stats get updated.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Two more months? To reach the warehouse??

Post by Law » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:42 pm

Am I reading this right? Gorgon tiers and lava bridge, and the elevation block add on, leave factory in 3 weeks, and take 5 weeks to get to warehouse?