Why don't the two of you trade? :)

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Re: Glitterwalls

Post by marcoreds » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Lordhawkins wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 pm
I also remember hearing there would be no such thing as an unpainted wall of force. I was very surprised to find unpainted walls in my encounters. I have painted on the way, which was the only add on available. Now I'm going to have non-matching walls. Not happy.
Same here.

There actually was no option to get the addon unpainted, or I would have.

I'll have to de-glitter the additional ones.

Lordhawkins
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Lordhawkins » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 pm

I also remember hearing there would be no such thing as an unpainted wall of force. I was very surprised to find unpainted walls in my encounters. I have painted on the way, which was the only add on available. Now I'm going to have non-matching walls. Not happy.

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:33 am

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I could swear at some point it was said that all of the walls would be glittered/painted for some reason. It's not something I really care about, definitely not enough to go hunting through 1.5 years worth of comments and updates and whatnot, but I was a bit surprised when mine came out with nothing on them.

That said, I do respect that glitter being 'the gift that keeps on giving' is something people may find this to be a feature, not a bug, so to speak.
GardenDM wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:01 pm
Oldent wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 pm
Phoenix Rising wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm
Has anyone tried to strip the glitter coat off?
Top coat is an an alternative. I would use a glow in the dark sealer

I will not receive my walls of force until later. I will post photos when I paint.
Oooooh, I like the idea of glow in the dark sealant!
I am entirely onboard with this glow in the dark sealant idea. Hell, I'm tempted to do a giant pile of my tiles like this, to allow for 'normal' usage most of the time, but with black lights involved, an enhanced/ethereal tint to the pieces.

Anyone have a recommendation for a quality glow in the dark sealant? Neither eBay nor Amazon seem to be of much help, but worst case, I do have a pot of Revell Night Colour GitD paint that dries fairly clear. Might test it on the edges of one WoF and see how it turns out.

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 pm

lol :)

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Animewarped wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:23 pm
Got my add-on pack of WoF. Took them outside to unbox with some papertowels to rub them down before putting them into a ziplock sandwich bag for safe storage till I can further deal with the glitter. Lol. Didn't want it all over the house and heeded the many warnings given here :)
Mine are still in the box! I'm scurred!
Scurred_491fdb_6129198.jpg
Scurred_491fdb_6129198.jpg (23.77 KiB) Viewed 410 times

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:23 pm

Got my add-on pack of WoF. Took them outside to unbox with some papertowels to rub them down before putting them into a ziplock sandwich bag for safe storage till I can further deal with the glitter. Lol. Didn't want it all over the house and heeded the many warnings given here :)

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Encounter WoF comes unpainted, but there's no SKU for unpainted add-ons.

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Funny thing, I just went thru the 1-6 encounters for my unpainted Dod. My walls of Force actually came unpainted. no glitter, nothing. guess I'm just lucky. lol

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:22 am

Pretty sure in Oldents Tree lab of Wonder and Terror the Glitter dimension has a Horns, Hoofs and Claws nail Salon for when your slavering Minotaur has to look his best.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan