Fix warped parts? And other tips

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Fix warped parts? And other tips

Post by Oldent » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:45 pm

I have decided to work on two step down facades so that the Mt. tiles will be more stable when stacked this high.

I have not used this bridge for a while. I need new base for it that looks good outside.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:05 pm

This has been finished for about a week. I have been panting KSV tiles

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 am

Thank you very much for the experiment Oldent, I will try it then!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:37 am

marcoreds wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 pm
Wow, thanks a lot!!!
I should have waited a little longer to test.
The thin realistic water did not crack when bent. I left a fingerprint when I touched it ealy.
The Realistic Water is plastic, I saw a video in which a drop of Realistic water peeled off backing paper. You will have to be careful about brush strokes.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 pm

Wow, thanks a lot!!!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:36 pm

marcoreds wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 pm
Hey Oldent, I have two questions for you, in case you ever tried these things.

What I am doing is making a kind of "terrain tray" using a metal sheet (in my case 50x40 cm).
I primed it with a zync-based acrylic primer, I will then airbrush it to my tastes (dark still water) and would like to finish with a glossy surface, if possible not just a glossy primer, but a couple of mm think.

The questions are:

1- can you apply realistic waters with a brush? What I would like to do is pouring some of it in the center of the sheet, then expand it using a brush until it is thin. The main reason would be to avoid using "armors" on its side.

2- have you any idea of the "flexibility" of the final result? The reason for this question is that of course the sheet (being 0,6mm think, even if metal) bends a little when moving it around, so if the final result is super rigid (like resin would be) it would crack with the smallest bend. Of course I do not mean bending the sheet 90°, I mean just the small fluctuation when moving it from one place to another.

Thank you for your attention anyway!
I was curious about your questions.
I took a 40mm metal base and painted Realistic Water on the surface with a brush. Gravity took care of the brush strokes. We will see how flexible it is when it is dry.

one coat brushed on

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 pm

marcoreds wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 pm

What I am doing is making a kind of "terrain tray" using a metal sheet (in my case 50x40 cm).
I primed it with a zync-based acrylic primer, I will then airbrush it to my tastes (dark still water) and would like to finish with a glossy surface, if possible not just a glossy primer, but a couple of mm think.

The questions are:

1- can you apply realistic waters with a brush? What I would like to do is pouring some of it in the center of the sheet, then expand it using a brush until it is thin. The main reason would be to avoid using "armors" on its side.

2- have you any idea of the "flexibility" of the final result? The reason for this question is that of course the sheet (being 0,6mm think, even if metal) bends a little when moving it around, so if the final result is super rigid (like resin would be) it would crack with the smallest bend. Of course I do not mean bending the sheet 90°, I mean just the small fluctuation when moving it from one place to another.

I have not used a brush with Realistic water. I believe it will be flexible enough. I have not tried it.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 pm

The questions are:

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 pm

I magnetized some accessories while I was waiting for UPS today. More KSV arrived today.

This will be ready by tomorrow afternoon.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:47 pm
Oldent wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 pm
<image snipped>
24 hours earlier than planned. No eye protection , no gloves. no industrial respirator no industrial ventilation.

It is not as hard as resin. I do not think it is as easy to crack as Still Water.It doesn't turn yellow. Do not store anything on top of it.

<image snipped>
I keep the one foot tiles in craft paper boxes.
I've had my eye on trying the realistic water for some time. Glad to hear you recommend it.

And I love those craft boxes. I even got some of the internal organizer trays made for it to allow double-stacking inside with lots of little cubbies.
I want to get some f the spacers for some of my boxes.