Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Storage issues

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:44 pm

szabbran wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:21 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 am
Szabran, I've had my sets in drawers for so long I can't tell you how many there are. I think I got 10x of KS1. tHey all fit in 1.5 flat drawers.

Lets just say they hold a LOT and you can see it all. Do check the drawers you are looking at - be sure they can handle the weight. i'm told some of the wood drawrrs sag.
Thanks... I think I might have to pull the trigger on this. It's a metal cabinet so I'm not too worried about weight issues, and it sounds like the 5 drawers should give me more room than I need for my moderate collection.

What William said...but remember, they generally come in 5-drawer sets and you can stack 'em...as I said, I'm at 15...

TLW
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 pm

William wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:30 am
My basement ceiling is 10' up there though.
I really don't want to climb a step ladder every time I build a layout. :lol:
Mine's a bit shorter, William.

And I still have Offspring around a lot of the time to fetch. Since I run campaigns for both (and their friends - Eldest Offspring has friends who have been playing in the same group for 9 years, Youngest for 7!) they are willing...

TLW
WeaselWarGod

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 pm

szabbran wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:21 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Szabran, I've had my sets in drawers for so long I can't tell you how many there are. I think I got 10x of KS1. tHey all fit in 1.5 flat drawers.

Lets just say they hold a LOT and you can see it all. Do check the drawers you are looking at - be sure they can handle the weight. i'm told some of the wood drawrrs sag.
Thanks... I think I might have to pull the trigger on this. It's a metal cabinet so I'm not too worried about weight issues, and it sounds like the 5 drawers should give me more room than I need for my moderate collection.
I know I went all in a large 5' long x 10 drawer wheeled mechanics tool chest for the DF. Each drawer is rated for 50 to 100 lbs each with slide bearings drawers. That should cover me for a while (I hope). I mean I do not come close to Lady Sabelle's collection volume.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:28 pm

You keep telling yourself that and sooner than later you'll be getting another, then another.
I have 5 sets of flat files and considering another in the next year. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:21 pm

GODofwar wrote:

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:30 am

My basement ceiling is 10' up there though.
I really don't want to climb a step ladder every time I build a layout. :lol:

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:20 am

bernyleung wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:40 pm
I don't even want to think about storage issues, as I haven't even received all my KS5 yet. It just brings me down.

Since this KS is all magnetic, I proposed on COMMENTS that we hang a sheet of sheet metal, either in the middle of gaming area as a divider, or on a wall. P3 suggested the ceiling! - which is actually a good idea.

This has potential.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, including KS6
WeaselWarGod

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:40 pm

I don't even want to think about storage issues, as I haven't even received all my KS5 yet. It just brings me down.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:21 am

William wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:36 am
One of my metal drawers (same size as GoW's) is absolutely full of floor tiles, Resin and Dwarvenite. Top to bottom, side to side and front to back. It's THE heaviest drawer I have and there is no noticeable sag, what-so-ever. When trying to figure out how many sets fit per drawer, I couldn't hazard a guess, other than quite a bit. Also, what sets are we talking about, there are big differences in sizes of pieces within different sets.
To clarify, I've only heard of serious sag issues on wooden drawers. And not often there.
I do not have drawer sag issues with my metal drawers - but the whole assembly (15 drawers high) is so heavy the lower drawers are hard to open....

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, including KS6
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:36 am

One of my metal drawers (same size as GoW's) is absolutely full of floor tiles, Resin and Dwarvenite. Top to bottom, side to side and front to back. It's THE heaviest drawer I have and there is no noticeable sag, what-so-ever. When trying to figure out how many sets fit per drawer, I couldn't hazard a guess, other than quite a bit. Also, what sets are we talking about, there are big differences in sizes of pieces within different sets.