Consolidated Module Feedback

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Consolidated Module Feedback

Post by nielsene » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:48 pm

between the build guide blowout picture and the glamour shot in the module i got most of it. The grey alchemy symbols are particular hard to make out in all the shots ( and occluded in the glamour shot). B's and H's were also tough to make out. I think the sunrise/sunset we're flipped as well.

Solved the alchemy ones by just spot checking the solution to figure out what had to be where.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:48 am

Is there a good close up view of the puzzle floor? I'm scrambling to put stickers on and can't tell what should be where for this puzzle?

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:15 am

Encounter 9's intro text is also wrong (referencing the Lever Chamber).

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Whoops left off the pic.
Attachments
71A69B57-9905-4042-AC26-0702389B81AE.jpeg
71A69B57-9905-4042-AC26-0702389B81AE.jpeg (30.29 KiB) Viewed 855 times

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Laid out Encounters 1-10 on my wife’s dining table to study the layout before I pack it up to take to my friend’s house (I use 7 litre Really Useful Boxes 1 for each encounter.

My tentative plan is to lay out just Encounters 1-3 first (hiding unexplored areas), then swap out for 4-6, then swap for 7, etc. but we will see. It does like look pretty cool all laid out though...

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Prepping the adventure for first time run with my group on Sunday. Will post feedback. Cant wait!

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:59 pm

The email announcing the module said:

"This is a playtest draft, which still needs a little editing, formatting, and a few finishing touches. And every draft could always use more proofing. We said we'd share something by Thanksgiving, so we wanted to get this into your hands as promised. So please bear in mind this is still a work-in-progress.

After the holiday, we’ll compile the full module into one big document, and give it a bunch of sprucing up. And get the full Pathfinder appendix in there. "

Further, they asked for feedback and comments.

You might send the comments directly to DF as they can be hit and miss on posts in the forums.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:15 pm

Finally getting a chance to prep encounters 7+. Running some of them on Sunday.

The build guides for the larger encounters aren't quite as easy to follow as the ones for the smaller encounters. (Could still figure everything out, but definitely something to keep in mind when you make the Caverns Deep ones. Be willing to have multiple pages for build guide/details/blowout sections.

No One-page version for 7+? The spread versions look prettier but are harder for me to work with. Especially for the bound version I plan to print and hand-bind.

The every four glpyh long rest power seems to be misnamed/mis-stated. At 4/8/11 you get a "Quartet of the Long Rest" The first one references "this and three other" so Quartet makes sense. The other ones reference "this one and 7 other" so it should be Octet :) Or stays "Quartet" but each glpyh can only be used once for its quartet power, or something (This is purely a terminology complaint -- no impact on how often/able to use the power)

Skimmed through the later encounters and they give me the information I as a GM would have liked to have had up front (ie when roleplaying the first interaction with Zaltar).

I didn't see a revised PF conversion guide, so I'll re-convert all the monsters since the original conversion was off in high level play.

Alphastream
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphastream » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:55 pm

I ran this just recently again, and I agree with you. It could benefit from having an indicator of some kind (though in some cases that might ruin the fun). One thing I encourage is to tip them off that a dead body works. They can try a creature in the trap, then try again wit that creature in a different configuration. I find that helps a lot, since if they make a sacrifice they don't waste it if they do it incorrectly the first time.
Find my articles on running D&D at Alphastream.org
Find my D&D adventures on the DMs Guild!
On Twitter @Alphastream

delroland
Kobold
Kobold

Post by delroland » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Encounter 3 stumped my party and they ended up brute forcing the portcullis to continue. They did put a party member in one of the pits which was hilarious. Ironically, the PC in question was neutral, too, but the other two pits were empty at the time, and they got him out before continuing.

I think if there was some sort of progress indication, parties might be more easily able to figure out what to do. Like maybe the doors latch closed and glow when correct.