New Ice and Lava Cavern Sculpts! Resin elevation cavern set converted to Dwarvenite!

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Re: New Ice and Lava Cavern Sculpts! Resin elevation cavern set converted to Dwarvenite!

Post by iceycat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Hoping this is doable as I would definitely be buying some extra add on sets of the new pieces to custom paint some lava and ice ( I don't use the clear dwarvenite for my ice sets as I wanted more options than just the one core set offered) I would definitely pick up some prepainted lava sets if offered in the new sets.

I think the only thing that might get in the way of that is that the lava sets are cast in yellow dwarvenite and the ice sets are cast in clear(ish) as alternate dwarvenite pours they would need extra SKUs so not sure if they'll have enough space for it or not. I think I remember them saying in the last 2 Kickstarters that running out of SKUs on the factory orders was an issue because of how many sets they already had for the campaign.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: New Ice and Lava Cavern Sculpts! Resin elevation cavern set converted to Dwarvenite!

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:23 pm

We would be for this though we would probably pass on it. Just so long as it is not 'too many options' for backers and does not result in some saying they 'cant get everything'.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 pm

I just got my first DoE Hellscape II, yesterday, opened the box last night. Cool stuff.

Love this skull and rib cage crawling out (EDIT - Melting into the edge) of the lava in the one corner.
Hellp.jpg
Hellp.jpg (86.88 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Will post some when me other corners come in next week. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jgardner44
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jgardner44 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:14 pm

I would love to see the Hellscape sculpts converted to dwarvenite. Those were beautiful lava sets!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:42 pm

I would also like to see more clear dwarvenite sets. Lava I can paint myself.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jgardner44
Ogre
Ogre

New Ice and Lava Cavern Sculpts! Resin elevation cavern set converted to Dwarvenite!

Post by jgardner44 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Dear Dwarven Forge artists,

Please consider making the new cavern sculpts available as Ice and Lava terrain. I would love to have more variety with those sets. They are some of my favorites! I would also love to see the old resin sculpts for caverns converted to Dwarvenite. I love the old elevation set and all of the lakes and river sets!

Is anyone else interested in these? If so, please post!

Looking forward to the new Kickstarter!