Bio Craft (sci fi sets/ alien sets)

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Bio Craft (sci fi sets/ alien sets)

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:48 am

He was open to exploring the idea of selling silicone molds for them when someone mentioned it on the previous launch. Maybe a combination STL/personal use casting campaign could fund successfully fund at a level which fairly rewards his time investment in this?

It is DAMN hard to pull off a crowdfunded campaign with PVC molding and physical product delivery unless you have an established business already. Still, fingers crossed for a late surge on this one.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:12 am

Same here.
3D printing takes too much time and I'm not sure about the final product I can get with it.
I'de rather prefer to get a unpainted set.

From Space Hlk to Space Crusade, aliens, doom, the thing, I have nice plans with it.
I don't think it will be funded. It's expensive (900€ for everything unpainted including postage, package and addtional customs since UK goes out of Europe soon …)

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:06 pm

I hope he manages to fund, I love the sculpts and from some emails with him he sounds like a nice guy and passionate about his projects. It's already fairly modest in scope, he probably needs 4-6 PVC injection molds for this (depending on which pieces can share a mold shot) and there's not really a lot which could be trimmed and keep a coherent system.

It's just pretty niche terrain, and he doesn't have a huge following yet. And timing wise, he's up against some other big Kickstarters - although, when isn't that the case?

I'd love to have these pieces in PVC, but if he came back with a digital-only offering it might just be the final straw to make me spring for DLP printing to print some resin masters (or go in with a friend on an Anycubic Photon purchase) to try my hand at hydrostone casting.

WhiskeyandPeaches
Goblin
Goblin

Post by WhiskeyandPeaches » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:21 am

I went in on this too, but it looking like it might not fund. Hopefully, he comes back with a more modest project to get started. I went painted.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:27 am

Very evocative of Alien, at least to me. I like that he allows a pledge for physical product and also for 3D printing. I have seen many projects with interesting pieces but are only 3D printable. And I don’t have a 3D printer.
Not sure I would get much or any use of these. But if I ran sci fi games then I would definitely pledge!

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Bio Craft (sci fi sets/ alien sets)

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:33 am

Is someone took a look here :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... in-or-3d-s

I'm an alien fan (1 & 2 waiting for the new remake of the 2) and I'm super surprised by the quality and pieces.
I don't know if this guy is going to finance his project but I took everything unpainted.