Encounter 13 – CRYSTAL CAVERN

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge
Kickstarter 6 developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Encounter 13 – CRYSTAL CAVERN

Post by JenneyOC » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:49 am

Q: Is the Heartstone crystal hollow?
A: Surprise! Yep, you can trap a mini inside…

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:28 am

Q: How exactly do the LED wall crystals in Encounter 13 and 14 work? Ar they basically interchangeable torches
A: yep, they are interchangeable with any other DF wall LED socket.

-----

Q: I'm more interested in using crystal pieces as accents in traditional caverns (which I think would look amazing). So consider me a +1 for that idea.

A: Nate: Also, we’ve heard your requests loud and clear for Crystal Cavern in standard paint.
I’m going to look at our add-on list and see what we can do. We left a few empty slots so that we could react to your feedback. And this seems like the perfect opportunity to fill a few of hose slots.
Ultimately we’d love to offer a bunch of sets in alt paint schemes for you. The more money we raise the more we can open up. I’m pretty confident we can have a good selection by the end.

-----

Q: Are the crystals painted? I see a bit of a pinkish hue at the base of some, and a bit of a sheen on others, but can't tell if that's lighting, or prototype paint, or...

A: yes, the crystals in the painted sets will be painted. Erin did a wonderful job with the paint scheme on them. A purplish hue at the bases and a fainter translucent shimmer elsewhere.

-----

Q: The plan is to cast the crystals in clear Dwarvenite right?
A: yes the crystals will be in clear Dwarvenite. Which for the painted pieces, will then be painted with some translucent / iridescent paints.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:06 am

Q: The crystals looks incredibly complicated. Is this why the encounter is so expensive?
A: Yes. The crystal pieces are mulit-part (factory must cast separately and join together), multi-material (both Clear and Dark dwarvenite), and contain LEDs. They are staggeringly expensive to produce.

-----

Q: How many packs will be part of the Crystal Cavern
A: There are 3 subpacks that make up this encounter

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:48 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Current plan is to release Crystal and Underdoom together on Saturday (7/28/18) night.

Stefan's Founders & Legends game is in the morning/afternoon, so some time after that. Probably 8pm EDT. Stefan is in LA, and will be DMing for a livestream on Twitch this Saturday:
http://dnd.wizards.com/foundersandlegends

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Encounter 13 – CRYSTAL CAVERN

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Walkthrough video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V89WMz ... &index=17

Q: will underdoom, crystal caverns, and dreadhollow have sub packs as well?
A: Yes they will
Last edited by JenneyOC on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.