KS6 - PLEDGE LEVELS

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge
Kickstarter 6 developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Re: KS6 - PLEDGE LEVELS

Post by JenneyOC » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:27 am

Q: how large of a footprint does the full encounter have?
A: 2 foot x 1.5 foot area. 18 in x 24 in

-----

Forum Thread of interest:

How to build encounters 1-11 with the underdoom
https://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=10

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:58 pm

Q: Will there be a lower Pledge level for only Underdoom paint style pieces?

A: We will offer the Cavern Starter Set in Underdoom paint, assuming we reach a high enough funding target. In which case you probably could choose your color scheme. I think we should make that happen.

-----

Q: How does the discount get larger on big main pledges as the Kickstarter gets more funding? It still costs the same as the first day I pledged for my big pledge? Am I misinterpreting something?

A:as funding progresses we add bonus pieces to many sets, so you get slightly more stuff for the same dollars as packs you’ve chosen get more stretch goals. the larger Essentials pledges and the Uncharted Underground Do have a pretty significant discount bundled in versus buying all those packs separately, but the overall pledge price for them is the same whether you came in the first day or the last.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:30 am

Q: Can we pledge for 2 main pledge at the end of the campaign ?

A: Absolutely. Just total the amounts for the two pledges you are interested in. And we will let you pick exactly what you want in the pledge manager which follows the campaign.

-----

Q: the Universal Core Packs provided in this pledge removes redundant pieces so is that also true for the Adventure Packs? Specifically, Encounter 3 and 4 both include the Rising Elevation pieces, do you only get one set of that with the Essentials?

A: you should get both in that instance. Each box on the graphic represents a physical box when they're shipped. We wouldn't have one set of Adventure Packs 3 & 4 for standalone Encounter purchases, and a different one for Essentials pledges. That would defeat part of the purpose of this organization system, which is making production management easier for the factory.

-----

Q: I already own a ton of KS2, and I'd like to keep KS6 core pieces to mostly new ones different from KS2 if possible, and focus on Adventure Packs. I think the way to do this is through the Universal Packs, but am not certain. Thanks for any help.

A: Elye: I saw you had a question about the best way to maximize "new" pieces (ones not functionally the same as KS2 pieces). And yes, the Universal Packs are a good way to do that, in that they are terrific samplers with lots of variety and relatively few of the most basic shapes (2x2 walls and floors). Alternately, you can go for more focused packs such as the Rising Elevation Pack or the Passages Packs which include nothing like anything from KS2, and also allow you to emphasize different types of terrain based on your preferences.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:11 am

Q: Any word on the missing Double Door Pack from the Uncharted Underground Pledge? (The ice catacomb graphic shows a Double door pack but the the uncharted underground does not show it.)

A: That double door pack in the Ice Catacomb was an error. It has been corrected.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Q: If I pledged (so far!) for a big build your own, but want to, after some cherry picking, use the balance to buy encounters as well, is this something I do with the official pledge manager after the KS completes or do I need to make the adjustment before?

A: That is definitely something that you can do in the pledge manager. I probably rearrange my want list 100 times before I pick my final doom. you can add-on packs, full encounters, and even additional pledge levels, in the pledge manager. It is very customizable. The usual caveat on this is that it’s normally very easy to trade up, sometimes it’s hard (requires emailing someone) to switch to a lower initial price tier + switch the excess funds to add-ons.

-----

Q: What is the difference in buying the Universal Pieces 1-3 and buying the Core Sets for encounters 1-3? I'd like to have enough to create a cool cavern of various size and looks ( to my budgets extent of course)? Thanks.

A: the combination of Core Sets is going to have significantly more pieces, and be more expensive.
The Universal Pieces packs which come from the Essentials pledges are designed to trim pieces which are redundant for those exact Encounter builds as much as possible, to keep the price down as much as possible.
If you're just starting a Caverns collection and need to "bulk up" on the building blocks, the Core Packs are probably what you want to focus on. Those and the Basic Builder and Advanced Builder addons Nate mentioned in the last livestream are what will make up the foundation of a Caverns collection.

-----

Q: So is the starter pack a pledge level or a add-on? I am seeing it listed both ways...

A: Starter Dungeon is both. It is a super affordable little Pledge Level for new backers to get their toes wet with, and it is a nice little “booster pack” Addon who want more basic building pieces (and maybe new people who missed KS2) in a very simple way, without playing advanced Tetris with all the weird and wonderful organic shapes in the Core Packs.

-----

Q: Isn't it supposed to be cheaper to buy an entire encounter vs cherry picking?

A: there’s not a huge discount for full Encounters this year, cherry picking often works out within a couple of bucks. There is a pretty good effective discount for choosing and of the medium to large Pledge Levels though.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Q: So how do we get all of the encounters/ all of the pieces? Pledge at the Uncharted Underground level and then add on sets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 15 individually? I don't want to set up just one encounter at a time.

A: That would work. Or wait until we unveil the Dreadhollow and we unlock the all-in cull Caverns Deep pledge

-----

Q: Wait, how Big is this again?

A: Encounters 1-13 can just barely squeeze onto a 4x8 foot table but Encounter 14 mostly fills a 2x4 foot table by itself

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Q: I know that I'll be shunned for saying this, but...am I the only one who feels like the encounter rooms themselves are too small and there is no obvious easy, or inexpensive, way to both increase the size and/or change the layout?

A: The rooms are smaller than they were in KS5, but needed to be done that way. It was partly to do with the cost of the pieces and partly for backers who already have KS2 caverns. Can I take your concern to mean that you don't have a lot of KS2 pieces? If this is true, try waiting for all the packs to be unlocked as add-ons. You'll be able to add core building pieces for less money than the encounters or adventure essentials levels.

-----

Q: Have you guys ever considered offering up pledge levels from the previous KS, for example from DoD, as a part of this or later KS's? A nice way for those supporting a current KS to get older stuff they might have missed as part of a pledge for this one. Since the track work has already been lain in a previous one (where you already occasionally restock them) its a nice way to both support this one (the primary objective) and gain more orders on those you've funded already. Can't imagine this hasn't been asked before but this is my 1st DF KS where I've had the funds to dive in, but I'd love to get stuff from some I've missed (espec DoD).

A: It is technically against Kickstarter rules, unfortunately (although I know some companies bend those rules.) In our particular case, we couldn’t offer Kickstarter-Level DoD pricing without a Kickstarter-scale DoD factory order. And it would feel kinda unfair to backers of that campaign. (And for KS1 pieces, we couldn’t offer those prices without bankrupting the company. Inflation and increasing factory costs are brutal that way.)

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

KS6 - PLEDGE LEVELS

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 pm

PLEDGE BREAKDOWN SPREADSHEET
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d ... dit#gid=0

-----

Q: Last kickstarter I was allowed to pledge after the end date with the pledge manager. Will I be able to do that this year? I won't have the funds to get everything I want if I get charged on August 14th.

A: pledge whatever you can during the campaign, just make sure you have at least an Adventure Essentials or Build Your Own Caverns pledge level selected and you'll have access to the pledge manager.
You can add more funds after August 14th that way, as you did last year.

-----

Q: Is cavern entrance the same as Encounter 1 WITH the adventure pack?
A: Yes they are the same.

-----

Q: How much should I be pledging if I want to build your own and include things like the underdoom and dreadhollow?
A: there is pricing for underdoom on google doc, but not all encounters/settings have been released. You may want to pledge your budget and then focus on arranging (and in many cases, rearranging) your pledge as encounters and add-on packs are released

-----

Q: For build your own, do you get a core for each?
A: You can get whatever you want. The Cores, the encounters, the adventure packs, etc. You can pick and choose with the Build your Own pledge level.

Return to “Codex Valoria KS6”