Why is there no Long Swell Wall Left?

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney.
Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria KS6.
You may carry on discussions in the Kickstarter 6 Discussion Forums.
GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Why is there no Long Swell Wall Left?

Post by GODofwar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:16 pm

JenneyOC wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:31 pm
Blue Prophet
I will ask Nate, but I believe the most useful pieces were included and that many of the other ideas/foam prototypes were discarded during piece playtesting and test building. I will ask.
Any update on this?

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Blue Prophet
I will ask Nate, but I believe the most useful pieces were included and that many of the other ideas/foam prototypes were discarded during piece playtesting and test building. I will ask.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:51 pm

I thought the other half was a trifecta wall.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Why is there no Long Swell Wall Left?

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:05 pm

There is a regular Swell Wall Right and a Trifecta Swell Wall Left. Those can be used in combination to mirror each other or used opposite each other. (I wish they weren't two different types of pieces, but they are still useful).

There is the Trifecta Long Swell Wall Right, but where is the corresponding long swell wall left? A left angled one would allow for placement opposite so you could have an slightly angled corridor. This is sorely needed to complete the utility of the swell walls.

These swell walls are a nice idea, and they seem to be the closest thing that you guys designed to the 2x4 wall pieces with a wall going corner to corner (both left and right versions). The trifecta piece has some nice aspects, but it is more fiddly if you want it as just a wall. I really like the large curve trifecta piece, but all the others seem needlessly fiddly for what you get - they are clever but less useful that trying to combine so many functions into core pieces. I consider what you are calling "swell" walls as a core piece to expanding builds. A shallower angled wall that straight or 45 degrees is extremely important and should have been packaged as its own pack instead of buried inside other packs like trifecta. It is best to have many of these.

Return to “Ask the Knightess”