Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

How many sets of the new water tiles will you buy during the PM or immediately from the webstore?

I will buy 1-3 sets of both the Alternate Water Pack and Water Swell Pack
62%
I will buy 4+ sets of both the Alternate Water Pack and Water Swell Pack
11%
I will buy 1-3 sets of the Alternate Water Pack
3%
I will buy 4+ sets of the Alternate Water Pack
No votes
I will buy 1-3 sets of the Water Swell Pack
1%
I will buy 4+ sets of the Water Swell Pack
No votes
I am not interested in either pack.
23%

Total votes: 122

Alkettory
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

Post by Alkettory » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:56 am

Speaking of pterodactyls, anyone bold enough to sit through Sharknado 6 got to see Neil deGrasse Tyson, dressed as Merlin the Magician, talking about science while riding a pterodactyl.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:26 am

Nice Airplane ref :D

This is actually the right place to push for new water tiles.

Also I think you will find that tarydactals were numerous in the windy mountains to the Northeast, but after the Great Storm of 31 they renamed the stormy mountains and they were no longer seen soaring the skies.

Rumour has it that the storm forced them to land in human inhabited lands.

In unrelated news the Great Storm of 31 inexplicably ended the Pork Pie shortage that was bringing Valoria to its knees.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:30 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm
madrigalian wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:49 pm
We could make a brooch, or a hat or a tarydactal...
Or a Pterodactyl.

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. :mrgreen:
LOL! I knew that looked very wrong, just got lazy. :oops:
Glad someone else around here is old enough to get the reference though! Heheh
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

MrMorden
Orc
Orc

Post by MrMorden » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm

madrigalian wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:49 pm
We could make a brooch, or a hat or a tarydactal...
Or a Pterodactyl.

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. :mrgreen:

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Someone was saying we weren't talking about water tiles anymore. So, I thought this would be a good thread to talk about something else. For instance we could talk about this chair, and this paddle ball game. We could make a brooch, or a hat or a tarydactal...
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:41 am

Just keep asking, and keep it civil :)
Stefan may well champion the cause.

We think the reluctance is because there is a cheaper alternative and having been told after the last two Kickstarters to simplify things, there is then a desire for competing designs in the same product line.

So we get why DF may not see it as cost effective, your average backer would go for negative space as it cheaper, can look better and has better 3D placement on the table (IE its as low as it can get).

So we do see why Nate would be a little Anti, but he did not say they would never do anymore water tiles in the future.

The one big advantage to tiles is they are much easier to use with elevation as seen in the last livestream build. So there is still a definite need for them.

Suggested this before, but this feels like an excellent opportunity to do a Forum 'Kickstarter', where DF offer up the design, packs composition and an estimated cost and put it to us to 'pre-order'. DF can then run the numbers and see if it is cost effective.

And if it is not cost effective on the forum, a lot of the ground work will have been done to get them included in a future KS.
kitenerd wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:00 am
The hypocrisy of negative space water and tiles for forests is ironic. Funny thing is the tiles are beloved... just like water tiles!
Don't get this, someone else said something similar, didn't get that either.

Forest floors are true 3D, roots, rocks plants, etc (not much difference to cavern floors), terrain trays are used for 3D flat, relatively featureless environment features - hardly hypocrisy.
Feels obvious to us but perhaps we are missing something (would not be the first time).
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:03 am

I do not know if Nate loves, likes, is meh or hates Water Tiles but even if he likes them, I really doubt he is willing to hold up fulfilment of this already late starting KS for Water Tiles. I want more but I think we need to politely keep asking for them over the next 4 to 12 monthes so they can be in KS7 because with all the paint schemes additions this KS is over flowing with stuff for the factory to produce. If we can get Nate to commit to them in 4 monthes and keep getting him to commit, we will have prevailed but not if we make it personal. IMO

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:38 am

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:00 am
This is a big dissappointment

I like Nate, but i fail to undestand why he is so adamantly opposed to this

The hypocrisy of negative space water and tiles for forests is ironic. Funny thing is the tiles are beloved... just like water tiles!
Hopefully, they don't switch fully to negative space forest floors next year. Prior to the launch of KS6 I thought DF would do the opposite. I thought they would expand the KS2 water tiles for sure and that forest would be done with terrain trays. Goes to show what I know. Oh well. One less thing for me to figure out how to buy this year.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:00 am

This is a big dissappointment

I like Nate, but i fail to undestand why he is so adamantly opposed to this

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:29 am

blinky wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 am
Talistran wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:03 am
I dont know what to say. It was evident in the livechat he has zero intention of producing them.

I wont say more, as i wouldnt want to hurt feelings.
Thanks for all your efforts Talistran.
Im not giving up. I helped topple Sadaam... Nate will come around. We have reason and fact on our side. Apparently, we need a different tactic :)