Half-size Dreadhollow build

Crippler
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Half-size Dreadhollow build

Post by Crippler » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Personally, since I have alot of green/grace tiles and other topper scenery (large rocks/hills, trees, ruins etc) from other companies, I would love a trees and floor tiles only pack with out the riser-escarpment parts at all.
Chronic: An Illness persisting for a long time or is constantly recurring.
Crippler: Severe limitation on ones lifestyle.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:39 am

It's too bad we can't get that BEFORE the KS ends- it would probably plump up the pledges very nicely for SGs.

hauntedcity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by hauntedcity » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:27 pm

.... of course, now that I think about it, rather than Light and Heavy Forest packs, I'd REALLY like a mixed Pack, with a selection of each floor for around $100.

1 heavy cover
2 medium cover
1 6x3 clear
2 3x3 clear

hauntedcity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by hauntedcity » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:22 pm

GREAT NEWS about a half-size escarpment pack.
I've been beating myself up trying to keep Dreadhollow under $600. A $100 escarpment and by limiting myself to the Light forest pack, I think I can make it work and have a beautiful display.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 am

Ken Mattson wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:39 am
Dreadhollow was never in my plans, but it looks so nice I tried to think of a way to make a cheaper mini encounter from it. Nate confirmed last night in the live chat that the escarpment pack would be split in half, though not until the pledge manager. This is awesome because a 200$ pack painted was never going to work, but 100$ will with my limited budget.
Glory, Glory, Hallelujah! I feel MUCH better about the escarpments now if the pack is split in half!
Ken Mattson wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:39 am
So for just over 400$ painted I think I have a nice build.

First one long escarpment, then a cave mouth next to it.
Then a concave corner and turning 90 degrees add a long escarpment
End that escarpment with a convex corner

This gives a small L shape in which a light forest pack will fit well
Two 6x6 forest bases and a 6x3 clear makes the ground cover complete

All those pieces on the ground give 3 large stumps and 5 small stumps
So adding a large and small tree pack fills most of the spots, other 2 with stump toppers

I’m really liking this build, so much so that I’ll probably keep it on my desk as a diorama. A few minis heading towards the cave mouth and a critter hidden waiting for them, oh so nice ! Its too bad the spirit tree won’t work in such a small build, it would overpower the scene. It really works better the larger your build.
Sounds like a really awesome build!
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:46 pm

That there will be a smaller escarpment pack sounds good to me! I was going to pas on that. It may be something I add in pledge manager now. Thanks for the heads up.
I like your build idea!!

Ken Mattson
Goblin
Goblin

Half-size Dreadhollow build

Post by Ken Mattson » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:39 am

Dreadhollow was never in my plans, but it looks so nice I tried to think of a way to make a cheaper mini encounter from it. Nate confirmed last night in the live chat that the escarpment pack would be split in half, though not until the pledge manager. This is awesome because a 200$ pack painted was never going to work, but 100$ will with my limited budget. So for just over 400$ painted I think I have a nice build.

First one long escarpment, then a cave mouth next to it.
Then a concave corner and turning 90 degrees add a long escarpment
End that escarpment with a convex corner

This gives a small L shape in which a light forest pack will fit well
Two 6x6 forest bases and a 6x3 clear makes the ground cover complete

All those pieces on the ground give 3 large stumps and 5 small stumps
So adding a large and small tree pack fills most of the spots, other 2 with stump toppers

I’m really liking this build, so much so that I’ll probably keep it on my desk as a diorama. A few minis heading towards the cave mouth and a critter hidden waiting for them, oh so nice ! Its too bad the spirit tree won’t work in such a small build, it would overpower the scene. It really works better the larger your build.