In stock, but out of stock, happening more often

period3
Orc
Orc

Re: In stock, but out of stock, happening more often

Post by period3 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:01 am

Yeah, the painted hamlet is like that too. Oh well, hopefully restock will be coming at least a month before the PM closes ideally.
kgallaghar wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:19 pm
Slate Full Roof Pack (Expertly Hand Painted) also shows as in stock till you try to buy it. It had been out of stock, so when it changed to in stock I immediately went to buy it, but alas. It's been that way for a week now. You can add it to your cart, but when you go to checkout, it then says it's out of stock. At least it tells me before I put in the credit card info.

:shock:

kgallaghar
Kobold
Kobold

Post by kgallaghar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:19 pm

Slate Full Roof Pack (Expertly Hand Painted) also shows as in stock till you try to buy it. It had been out of stock, so when it changed to in stock I immediately went to buy it, but alas. It's been that way for a week now. You can add it to your cart, but when you go to checkout, it then says it's out of stock. At least it tells me before I put in the credit card info.

:shock:

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:12 pm

period3 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:15 am
The other thing that bothers me are the sold out items that do not appear on restock lists, like the capital city. Are these ever going to be restocked? If so, I'll wait for it. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time and passing over smaller pledges (hamlet, etc.).

If there are no plans to restock an item, it should really be removed from the store, or some kind of notice at least should be posted.
I agree that it would be customer friendly for DF to firmly state which items are unlikely to ever be stocked in that format again. I know I grabbed the Hamlet when it was available, and have now placed a few pre-orders on the items like the Imperial Streets and Sewers. It would be nice if DF had some way to collect info from Shop visitors about what they would order if it were available. Right now I am not sure they have any real way of knowing what folks want and just can't order beyond the gripes on this forum.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:24 am

I think DF needs some kind of a legacy area to showcase stuff they used to sell, so people can at least know about it. Of course legacy items may or may not be restocked but at least new customers will know what to ask for or search for through other means.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:15 am

The other thing that bothers me are the sold out items that do not appear on restock lists, like the capital city. Are these ever going to be restocked? If so, I'll wait for it. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time and passing over smaller pledges (hamlet, etc.).

If there are no plans to restock an item, it should really be removed from the store, or some kind of notice at least should be posted.

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:24 am

I know that at least once recently when I got the out of stock notice when trying to checkout, I just got stubborn and tried adding it again to the order and this time it went thru the entire process and I got my goodies two days later. Something is wonky with the stock system and you may be right about how it accounts for items that are in someone's cart for example. That is always a challenge on how to maintain that system and how long you can let items sit in a customers cart before you reclaim them to general stock. Perhaps that was what happened to me, that one of my items had timed out before I finished my decisions and down selects and was pulled from the cart without updating my cart graphics until I got to the checkout screen.

nielsene
Orc
Orc

In stock, but out of stock, happening more often

Post by nielsene » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:05 am

A lot of items are showing up as in-stock in the store, but out of stock when you go to checkout. Most of these go to "sold out" status a few days after the in-stock/failed checkout happens. In the past week or so, I've seen it with the following items.

Capital city, painted (still listing as in stock)
starter dungeon painted (still listing as in stock)

Double posts painted (now listed as out of stock)
Tudor floors, painted (now listed as out of stock)

Its especially annoying/frustrating when the cart updates/rejects the order after going through the paypal flow which feels like (I know it doesn't) its already charged/reserved funds.

Can the in-stock/out-of-stock logic be standardized? People have had a lot of varied hypothesis over what the inventory system's mismatch means (items in another customers cart?, daily/weekly optimization updates)