Rampage Dungeon Kickstarter

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
ced1106
Orc
Orc

Re: Rampage Dungeon Kickstarter

Post by ced1106 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:19 pm

AoD plans on another KS and it's their First Created, so I think it's fine to spend much less on their tiles than DF. DF will still be my main "generic room" tiles, while Rampage will be good for corridors, special rooms, and multi-story buildings.

Just noticed that the portal insert add-on is "compatible" with DF in that you can swap a DF floor tile with a Rampage portal tile. Finally, I have a brazier for my dungeon! :D

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:30 pm

I supported this, just so I have another option. While I've pledge hundreds of dollars toward this, it doesn't compare to the amount I've pledge with DF over the years. In fact, I also spent over twice as much in the DF store today. I'll see what and how they deliver, and if all goes well I'll have another choice in the future.

USA! USA!! USA!!!

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:15 pm

Yup, no slow boats from China to slow things down...or holidays that last a month.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:27 pm

I missed that. Good deal then!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Oldent wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:36 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:14 pm
A very successful KS. Now on to to fulfillment. I hope they can do it well and no problems arise in China.

Did not back in the end though.
Made in USA
Yup and painted here too based on the promo info. Their tech is somewhat different and hopefully their molds have no issues. I also plan to go unpainted so I can more closely match DF themes and to stretch the pledge dollars a bit further for those accent pieces.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:36 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:14 pm
A very successful KS. Now on to to fulfillment. I hope they can do it well and no problems arise in China.

Made in USA
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Same close, and if I wasn't years into DF and starting fresh I might have given it a real go. But at this point I'm into DF for my main rpg terrain. I know you can mix pieces with DF but I'm not 100% sure how often I would do it. Maybe after it hits retail and we start seeing some more mixed builds I'll check it out for real. Of course by then there will maybe/hopefully be another DF KS going on! :)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:14 pm

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:05 pm

1,042 backers

While I did not join this KS due to my dislike for ABS terrain compared to Dwarvenite and the lack of hi-resolution pictures made me wonder if the product would not be as detailed as Dwarven Forges, I think Architects of Destruction should be very proud of themselves and their KS

With the fact that Fat Dragon Games and Rampage had already done these click together systems as 3d files and DF already did awesome dungeon tiles in KS5 getting 1,042 backers is impresive IMO

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:33 pm

I've decided to give this one a pass, for now. Just need to save my funds for Cavern's Deep and the tons of stuff that comes with it. Plus, another whole system to get into just honestly seems too overwhelming.
Last edited by AstroCat on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gaming Talk”