Goblin
Goblin

Re: Cavernous Passages Pools

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Fri May 17, 2019 9:06 pm

promind wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 pm
Weltenlaeufer wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm
I tested the Vallejo water texture out and it works like a charm! It creates clear, beautiful pools and when applied over the cloudy pools they become clear again!

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-VJ26230- ... B000PHBH14
Definitely going to try this out! Thank you for the tip!
Cool yeah. :) Just a tip for the procedure. The liquid is supposed to be added not thicker than 3mm but it shouldnt be a problem with the depth of the pools. Just put one or a few drops on the surface and gently move it so it starts to cover all the area or use a little stick to apply it evenly. Then let it dry for 24 hours. At first it gets cloudy (no cause to freak out) and then it gets clear after a few hours. It can retract a bit while drying but then its just a matter of applying a second coat. It worked perfectly on the big puddles without the need for a second one.

In some parts (where there was no see through surface resin but only the color) the applied gel texture started to collect some dust or something so it created a bit of a golden texture to it while drying. In that case I just used an exacto knife, picked up the outer corner and slowly peeled the applied water texture off in one piece ( very easy to do and works without damaging anything underneath). Then I applied a second coat. The second coat was clear and created a nice little waterpool. :)

Have fun and let me know how it worked!

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Fri May 17, 2019 9:05 pm

double post
Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Post by promind » Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:
I tested the Vallejo water texture out and it works like a charm! It creates clear, beautiful pools and when applied over the cloudy pools they become clear again!

Definitely going to try this out! Thank you for the tip!

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:00 pm
Weltenlaeufer wrote:

Hooray! Congrats!
Thanks!! I am so happy they look great again! :) Its a really cool product to create watereffect pools and very easy to use too!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri May 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:

Hooray! Congrats!
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Thu May 16, 2019 2:51 pm

I think I found a solution to fix this...I gonna test it out this week, Tried it on one of the small pool tiles and it looks great.

For anyone with a similar issue...Check out: Vallejo Clear Water Texture

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:40 pm

So after removing the sticky stuff with nailpolish remover the pools looked cloudy against the light. I tried some polish (maybe I got the wrong one) which didnt work to make them clear again. Then I applied some gloss varnish which made them shine but they looked like it was just a layer of paint all of a sudden, with the nice see through quality of the pool not coming out at all. So I took of the gloss varnish again.

I am still trying to figure out how the remove the cloudiness. I think there must be a solution, because when they are wet with a little water, they look great.

Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers from Krakow :)

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Did you figure out how to clear the cloudy pools? I had the same issue with my passage set and the nailpolish remover worked with removing the sticky/tacky surface grime. Someone must have added a layer on top or something.

I can see through the clear resin to the ground now and its shiny when wet, when it dries the pools surfaces are a bit cloudy/mat. No big deal really, would be cool though if I could get the surface glossy again.

:)

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:41 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:49 pm
They look 1 million percent better. Good job! I would second Oldent's idea of floor polish or just use something like Reaper or Vallejo's glossy sealer.
Personally, I’d use satin instead of gloss. The shine on gloss is so high, it might keep you from seeing all the cool details in the water. YMMV.

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”