I am happy with my KS5 items

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: I am happy with my KS5 items

Post by Oldent » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Law wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:29 pm
I personally intend to mostly replace KS2 with KS6.

Tbf, I have found that in practice, if you build a large enough dungeon, DoD doesn't "replace" KS1 so much as absorb it. I still use about 50-80% of my KS1 stuff. It just tends to vanish into a larger whole that feels like a DoD layout.

Caverns may work the same way. But I kinda don't like KS2, and I expect to use the larger footprint pieces, and maybe swell pieces, predominantly. It's not like I'll just be using regular walls and corners and swapping out 6 for 2. It'll be a totally different footprint now.
I see where you are going. I think the floors will be largely absorbed in D&D builds the corners will remain useful in board games. I use KSII to supplement my resin caverns. The new caverns are closer to the style layout of the resin than to the KSII
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Yes, with the change of going off the 2x2 grid with the swells, 1x2 floors, etc., I think Law's "absorb" description is a good one.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:29 pm

I personally intend to mostly replace KS2 with KS6.

Tbf, I have found that in practice, if you build a large enough dungeon, DoD doesn't "replace" KS1 so much as absorb it. I still use about 50-80% of my KS1 stuff. It just tends to vanish into a larger whole that feels like a DoD layout.

Caverns may work the same way. But I kinda don't like KS2, and I expect to use the larger footprint pieces, and maybe swell pieces, predominantly. It's not like I'll just be using regular walls and corners and swapping out 6 for 2. It'll be a totally different footprint now.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:58 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm
I thought of KSV asa new area of my KSI, but I could easily see myself going only KSV in dungeons. It is so much better than KSI in design and versatility.

KSVI is not really the same though. KSVI is a supplement, though it could easily stand alone, I cannot see people replacing their KSII with KSVI.
I want to believe this so badly. Keeping the faith on KSVI not replacing KSII, but doubt is starting to set in...

I mean, with caverns variety is so important to make it feel organic, so KSVI can only be improved with a dollop of KSII, right?!?!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:47 am

I would just like to pop in and say that one of my elevation boxes was slightly warped. Chuck sent me a new elevation box. I know these were already super expensive for DF to make and I really appreciate them sending me a whole new box for free. Top notch, guys.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Greg-Summoner of Sysuul
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Greg-Summoner of Sysuul » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:37 am

Incredibly happy here! A few issues, but Chuck resolved fast! Love absolutely everything about KS5!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm

I thought of KSV asa new area of my KSI, but I could easily see myself going only KSV in dungeons. It is so much better than KSI in design and versatility.

KSVI is not really the same though. KSVI is a supplement, though it could easily stand alone, I cannot see people replacing their KSII with KSVI.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 am

Law wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:55 am
unclebilly wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:21 pm
Yea storage is starting to take up a lot of space. That and I have a few other things coming from other KS and then the full painted Deluxe Caverns Deep.
Storage really is insane. This is the second KS in a row that I've underestimated how huge it all is. I originally intended to get just a sample of DoD to spice up my regular dungeons. But honestly the regular dungeons feel so plain now I don't see myself going back. I've got resin anyway. No, when I do a Dwarvenite dungeon from now on, it's going to be this stuff. And that's good, because while my KS1 fit entirely into one large bin and one small bin, this - so far - takes up one large bin and about ten small bins (to keep separated LED walls, magnetic walls, curved walls, jade temple, standard temple, elevation....)

KS6, I'm just accepting, I have no idea what to expect, at least from caverns. The forest, I know, will be huge. But I could end up with comparatively few cavern pieces- or they could be much bigger than I realized and need a ton of space. I guess I'll find out!
Yeah...during KS5, I had pretty firmly planted in my mind that DoD was a supplement to my existing dungeon stuff...no way I was going to replace it all! And now...well, I love the magnets and I received so much with my DoD order that I'm no longer sure. I suspect I'll end up with some of both, but I could see myself ending up whittling down my KS1 stuff over time.

Dwarven Forge tricked me (but in the best way)!

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:55 am

unclebilly wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:21 pm
Yea storage is starting to take up a lot of space. That and I have a few other things coming from other KS and then the full painted Deluxe Caverns Deep.
Storage really is insane. This is the second KS in a row that I've underestimated how huge it all is. I originally intended to get just a sample of DoD to spice up my regular dungeons. But honestly the regular dungeons feel so plain now I don't see myself going back. I've got resin anyway. No, when I do a Dwarvenite dungeon from now on, it's going to be this stuff. And that's good, because while my KS1 fit entirely into one large bin and one small bin, this - so far - takes up one large bin and about ten small bins (to keep separated LED walls, magnetic walls, curved walls, jade temple, standard temple, elevation....)

KS6, I'm just accepting, I have no idea what to expect, at least from caverns. The forest, I know, will be huge. But I could end up with comparatively few cavern pieces- or they could be much bigger than I realized and need a ton of space. I guess I'll find out!

Alphastream
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphastream » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:32 am

I'm biased, since I work with the team on the adventures, but I'm also a paying customer. Everything I received was really superb and has blown away the players in my campaign. I am really impressed by the level of detail in many of the pieces - way beyond what I expected. I had a few minor warped bits, but nothing that is really noticeable and I'm really satisfied and eager for more in the future.
Find my articles on running D&D at Alphastream.org
Find my D&D adventures on the DMs Guild!
On Twitter @Alphastream

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”