I am happy with my KS5 items

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Re: I am happy with my KS5 items

Post by unclebilly » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Yea storage is starting to take up a lot of space. That and I have a few other things coming from other KS and then the full painted Deluxe Caverns Deep.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Two relevant topics going on here now that I'm wrapping up my KS5 inventory.

QC - very, very few issues, considering my large-ish order:
  • Warped Classic Magnetic Walls - One entire pack warped. Will give one more attempt to try to bend these, but will likely need a replacement.
  • Forsaken Dias - Missing some gems. Will see if DF can send just the gems or if I can buy suitable replacements at hobby store. Unlikely to want/need a replacement.
  • Lava Bridge - Still warped. Will likely try a hot water bath to reset warpage. Hope not to need a replacement (and unsure that replacement wouldn't have same issue...).
  • Forsaken Shrine Wall Flame - One flame (removable) missing peg (not broken, just missing). Would like a replacement.
  • Sticky Paint - Primarily limited to one pack of Forsaken Temple Walls. Has gotten slightly better after several months and hope will completely evaporate by the end of the year (not kidding...). Unlikely to seek a replacement. Some slightly tacky areas elsewhere, but nothing as severe as the wall pack and convinced will not be a problem.
  • The Pit - Jade version doesn't swing open, Standard version has badly warped doors. Will try to adjust both on my own, but may request replacements.
  • Jade Pillars - Waiting to see DF solution. May seek replacement.
  • Temple Paint Scheme - Has grown on me. Will not seek replacement for this issue and likely to expand both standard and Jade pieces since I went light on both.
Everything else in my order worked great out of the box. Paint was acceptable to good for most stuff and fantastic for the marble floors. Overall, great QC on this KS and no significant complaints from me.

OTOH, storage is becoming a real issue. I thought this would just be an expansion to my KS1 dungeons, but it is threatening to essentially supplant it, in part due to storage concerns. I'm working on re-organizing everything this afternoon, but will likely sell off some KS1 to make room. In addition to fitting all the DoD stuff, I need to pre-preemptively make sure I have space for KS6 caverns!

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:43 am

xombified wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:40 pm

My only problem with DF now is that I cannot fit any more DF in my home.
That’s why I built a gaming room in the garage. But now it too is nearing capacity.

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 am

hmmm...just build a bigger home....Dwavenite is like jello, there is always room for more.

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 pm

xombified wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:40 pm
This. :(

xombified
Kobold
Kobold

Post by xombified » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:40 pm

I am super happy as well. three encounters, shrine of sysul and several elevation and other special add ons . nothing missing at all (it’s gotten better every kickstarter and this time they got it perfect)

the only small issue I had was one really warped wall, which a quick hot water bath fixed and some sticky black paint on the shrine of sysul pegged feature pieces, which was fixed with 2 applications of brush on matte clearcoat.

Morgrim66
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Morgrim66 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 pm

I pledged encounter 1-12 painted and out of hundreds of pieces the only problems I had were one large LED bowl of fire that had the LED pins a tad to far in (easily fixed with pliers) a few warped magnetic walls that seemed to be the norm and easily fixed, and one warped door that was easily fixed with a cup of hot water. I am absolutely overjoyed with my toys. They are great!
"...and that's why it says, 'I taste terrible' on my shield in draconic."

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:08 am

That is partly why when I sent them my missing items list, I was also clear on exactly which box or kit they were missing from using their own SKU code listing. So that DF might be able to isolate the problem (especially if it was systemic and not random).

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:17 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:20 am
Sounds like a metal plate is loose inside.

I agree it is important to tell DF about any issues even if you do not want replacement parts for them. The problem with that is DF is so nice they may send you replacements anyway.
Agreed :)

and knowing that makes it feel like we are taking advantage of it at times. Which may lead to reluctance to tell them.

But still tell them.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:20 am

Sounds like a metal plate is loose inside.

I agree it is important to tell DF about any issues even if you do not want replacement parts for them. The problem with that is DF is so nice they may send you replacements anyway.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria