Some Painted Minis

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Some Painted Minis

Post by pacarat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:25 am

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:16 am

lostpict wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:07 pm
I was wondering about the dimensions of the mantic library pieces? Are they taller than a DF wall and can you make a wall of bookcases with the corner pieces fit into a 4x4 CBS room?

Yes then No or kinda and a sorta ;)
I do not have the CBS parts to measure. It may be too snug. The book shelves are too tall and wide for small rooms.
I am going to use them with a much larger room.I am going to stack them and use the ladders.

Shelf 1 and 28/32 by 1 and 24/32
corner 1 by 1 and 24/32

The duct tape is only good for mark one eye ball. I used a cabinet makers rule for the measurements.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:21 am

lostpict wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:07 pm
I was wondering about the dimensions of the mantic library pieces? Are they taller than a DF wall and can you make a wall of bookcases with the corner pieces fit into a 4x4 CBS room?
If no one answers this before I get home and check, I will do so then since the bookcases are all spread out on my painting array getting finalized at this point.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:34 am
Nice work MrM and thanks for the thinners tip :)

showing off the advantages of a 3D printer and those prints are very cool and of course very well painted - nice :)

Great job too William :)
Liking the attention to detail to get them all the right height and those drawers. Loving all those details you have put a lot of time and love into those and a bit more ahead we think ;)
Thank you very much for sharing.

We got some mantic bookcases which are painted just not to any high level, they are just a pain to paint :(
Note to selves - must finish our Mantic terrain crates.
Agreed, I have been slogging thru all the Terrain Crates I got (3) and also picked up some more tents and town center stuff as well. A lot is painted, but a there is also a lot left to do. Fortunately a lot of the crates and barrels were cast in a nice dark brown plastic so they can even be used unpainted if needed.
Last edited by zenako on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 am

Don't feel bad Burner. My Mantic cases are basic paint with some black wash. Even doing that and painting the individual books takes a long time...I just cant bring myself to spend more time than that on accessories the players won't really take a second glance at.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:34 am

Nice work MrM and thanks for the thinners tip :)

showing off the advantages of a 3D printer and those prints are very cool and of course very well painted - nice :)

Great job too William :)
Liking the attention to detail to get them all the right height and those drawers. Loving all those details you have put a lot of time and love into those and a bit more ahead we think ;)
Thank you very much for sharing.

We got some mantic bookcases which are painted just not to any high level, they are just a pain to paint :(
Note to selves - must finish our Mantic terrain crates.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:43 am

Nice collection of detail parts :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:15 pm

Those look really great William. I have one of the Zealot bookcases, they are nice. I bought a bunch of Mantic bookshelves, and they are mostly painted, but painting furniture is just kind of a drag, ya know?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:41 pm

I really love how you can have an idea for a game and print and paint it in a day or two. Very handy.

I wanted to also mention the cases need green stuff work before I paint. I'll continue the trim down and add some drawer fronts in the area that is wood now, like the skinny ones but different. ;)

Here is a couple of better shots of the DM's end of the table.
GC 001.jpg
GC 001.jpg (67.79 KiB) Viewed 800 times
GC 002.jpg
GC 002.jpg (65.57 KiB) Viewed 800 times
I'll be adding a thread 'soon' for small CBS rooms and buildings. I like trying to build the layouts to be functional with furniture and all, but the CBS 4x4 system is a tough slog. In my opinion, they really need to expand on this line the most, but I'm sure whatever we see we'll like. :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Return to “Gaming Talk”